The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex invites eligible contractors/suppliers to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex is one of first generation of Teaching Hospitals established by the Federal Government to provide qualitative health care delivery to its people.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for COVID-19 Intervention Programmes Projects
The Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex was Appropriated Funds in the 2020 Appropriation Act (Amendment) for COVID-19 Intervention Programmes. In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital Complex hereby invites all interested and eligible Contractors/Suppliers with relevant experience to submit tender.
Scope of Supply
- LOT C1 / Procurement of Medical Equipment.
N/B: Projects listed above will be subjected to Due Process mechanism, which would be transparent to all interested and eligible bidders who wish to participate.
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021; with minimum average annual turnover of (Nxxx) million;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the (state name of the procuring entity) or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2018, 2019 & 2020;
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Letter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria, for bidders;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2021.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested Companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents from the Office of Director (Procurement Department) Room 7, Behind Administrative Block, Phase I, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife between the working hours of 8.30 a.m. and 4.00 p.m. daily on the payment of a Non-refundable Tender Fee of N10,000.00 into "OAUTHC TSA INTERNALLY GENERATED REVENUE ACCOUNT". The photocopy of teller for this payment should be attached to the Tender Documents.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00noon on Tuesday, 26th October, 2021 in the Hospital Auditorium Building while the Financial Bids will be kept unopened. Please, ensure you sign the Bid submission Register in the (Office of Office of Director (Procurement Department) Room 7, Behind Administrative Block, Phase I, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife) If all Envelopes are not sealed and marked as required; the OAUTHC will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective Bidders are to submit Bid for each of Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”.
The Chief Medical Director,
Thereafter, put the two sealed enveloped together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number E.g. Lot 1 Procurement of Medical Equipment Bear a statement “ DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 26th October, 2021“ and addressed to:
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex,
Ile-Ife - Osun State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of the Director (Procurement) Room 7, Behind Administrative Block, Phase I, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife not later than the above stated closing date. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Office.
Bid must be in English Language and signed by an Official Authorised by the Bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- The OAUTHC, Ile-Ife will only recognize and correspond with only authorized Officers of the tendering Companies and NOT through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened
- This advertisement for invitation shall neither be constructed as a commitment on the part of the OAUTHC, Ile-Ife nor shall it entitle any contractor to make any claim whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from the OAUTHC, Ile-Ife.
- The OAUTHC is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.