Shell Nigeria Exploration & Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) invites interested and reputable Nigerian registered Insurance Companies having world class experience in the provision of insurance services for major Oil and Gas companies to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) is Nigeria’s oldest energy company, and has a long term and continuing commitment to the country, its people and the economy.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. We use advanced technologies and take an innovative approach to help build a sustainable energy future.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Consolidated Group Personal Accident/Grouo Life Insurance Policy (REF No.: CW547643)
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) is seeking qualified Insurers for the Provision of "Group Personal Accident/Group Life Insurance" coverage for her Employees (SNEPCo and SPDC). The proposed contract is estimated to commence in Q1 2022 and remain active for one (1) year duration, followed by two (2) one (1) year extension options.
SNEPCo invites submission from reputable Nigerian registered Insurance Companies having world class' experience in the provision of insurance services for major Oil and Gas companies.
Scope of Work
The scope of the works shall include, but not limited to the following:
- The Insurance would cover death and fatality to staff.
- Insurance cover is required to be in place for SNEPCo and SPDC employees, to provide indemnity in the event of risk of accidental bodily injury/death while performing their duties anywhere in the world.
- The Insurer shall retain 100 percent of the risk in Nigeria.
- The Insurer will liaise with the appointed Broker for the purpose of good underwriting, claims administration, policy documentation, renewals, endorsement etc.
This 2022 insurance placement takes cognisance of the provision of the 2014 Pension Reform Act (PRA) which requires that the entitlements under the life insurance policy should be paid directly to the NAMED BENEFICIARY of the life assured. Hence, the Group Life insurance is now based on total emolument for each staff in compliance with the law. The Insurer. will therefore receive premium payments from SNEPCo and SPDC and pay claims directly to the deceased’s nominated beneficiaries.
The contract with the Insurer will include the following scope:
- Underwriting of the total value assured.
- Administration of the policy (documentation, renewals, endorsements, etc) and
- Prompt processing and payment of claims when they occur.
N/B: The insurer must meet the underlisted basic requirements and provide supporting information as detailed below.
Any Insurance Company seeking to be selected must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Limited Liability Company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to transact Life and General Insurance Business.
- Have a net asset of not less than N3 billion as per its last published Accounts for its insurance business.
- Have acquired good experience in Oil and Gas insurance business.
- Have adequate and qualified staff with experience in Oil and Gas Insurance business.
- Must be in good standing as regards prompt settlement of all claims reported to date.
- Must be a good corporate citizen of Nigeria that pays itz taxes, NAICOM and NCD fees as and when due.
The interested Insurer must have the following documents:
- A certified true copy of the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) of the company’s Certificate of Incorporation.
- A certified true copy by NAICOM of the Company’s License as an Insurer to transact Life and general insurance business.
- Current registration with the Deportment of Petroleum Resources (DPR).
- Documentation/evidence demonstrating experience in similar Oil and Gas insurance cover that Insurer has provided in the last 3 years (201 8 to 2020), including clients’ name and dates of cover (please attach copies of participation slips).
- Provide company profile indicating Nigerian Shareholding, Company’s financial details, and published annual Report and Accounts for the past 3 years (2018 to 2020).
- Evidence of remitting NCD fee (with receipt) for the previous underwriting years.
- Evidence of NAICOM’s approval of Annual Returns and Accounts for previous underwriting year.
- A profile of six (6) top management staff of the Company with their qualifications and insurance working experience in Oil and Gas insurance business. V
- Provide evidence of qualified professional staff and training plans, and Industrial Training Fund (ITF) levy payments.
- In case of Joint Venture, an attached copy of the Joint Venture agreement and details of the Interest of each of the Joint Venture partner, the role of each party clearly indicated.
- A signed Declaration by the Chief Executive Officer that the Company has settled all discharged claims.
- Company’s Tax Clearance certificates for the past 3 years (2018 to 2020).
- Company's VAT registration and payment (remittance) details.
- Give brief description of re-insurance strategy and provide names of foreign Re-Insurers and principal Brokers.
- Provide relevant information of two (2) contact persons: name, telephone, fax numbers and e-mail address.
- Certified true copy of NAICOM approval of Recapitalization and Consolidation to continue to transact Insurance business within the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Current registration with NSITF Board and evidence of payment of monthly Employees' compensation levy.
- Evidence of Group Life insurance Compliance certificate for its own employees.
- Certificate of compliance from the pensions commission (PENCOM).
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractor are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendor in 3.1 4.05 Life Insurance services category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive an Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for, open http://njqs.nipex-ng.com/njqs and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, lkoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification raid necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access http://nipexmain.nipex-ng.com/nipexsite/download/ to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders most comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 and Insurance Act 2003 amongst others:
- Tenderer shall demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian-registered company with 51% or more Nigerian shareholding capacity. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc). Tenderer shall provide evidence of registration with the NCDMB NOGIC JQS and DPR.
- Provide detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure Technical/Administrative office) in Nigeria to support this contract
- Provide evidence of a certified true copy of the Company's License by National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) as an Insurer to transact General Insurance business
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
Application Closing Date
8th November, 2021
Submission of Documents
Only Tenderers who are registered in the NJQS product/category 3.14.05 Life Insurance Services category as at before the deadline for application shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SNEPCo & SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SNEPCo & SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- SNEPCo & SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.