The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) invites experienced and Competent Consultants, contractors and vendors to indicate interest by submitting EOI, Pre-Qualification and Tender documents for the following works:
The National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) was established in 1992 to domesticate craft level examinations which were hitherto conducted by City & Guilds, Pittman’s, and Royal Society of Arts all of UK in accordance with the provisions of the National Policy on Education.
Its establishment was the climax of an evolutionary process which spanned 15 years from 1977 to 1992 and in which FOUR Government Panels at different times were set up to review the place and structure of public examinations in our educational system.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification, Tender and Expression of Interest, 2021
NABTEB invites experienced and Competent Consultants are invited to submit Pre-qualification, Tender and Expression of Interest (Eol) for the execution of the following projects.
Scope of Works, Supplies and Services
Category A: Invitation to Tender:
- Lot 1 / Renovation/maintenance of offices at NABTEB Headquarters
Category B: Invitation for Pre-Qualification:
- Lot 2: Purchase of furniture at NABTEB Headquarters
Category C: Invitation for Expression of Interest:
- Lot 3: Provision of website and internet services at NABTEB Headquarters
- Lot 4: Computerization of the Board's activities (Phase-wise)
Interested Firms/Companies should submit the following verifiable Pre-qualification Documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31" December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Business and Technical Examinations Board or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That the Company is/is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt.
- That no Director has been convicted in any Country for any criminal offenses relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 20198 2020.
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- Category A: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
- Category C: Evidence of current registration/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria band National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date (Category A)
12:00 noon Monday, 6th December, 2021.
Application Closing Date (Category B and C)
12:00 noon Monday, 15th November, 2021.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 6 December, 2021 at the Board Room, NABTEB, National Headquarters, Ikpoba-Hill, Benin City, Edo State.
Opening of Pre-Qualification and Expression of Interest (EOI)
The pre-qualification documents and the EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 15 November, 2021 at the Board Room, NABTEB, National Headquarters, Ikpoba-Hill, Benin City, Edo State
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register at the Procurement Office, as the NABTEB will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents (Category A)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the NABTEB's TSA in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents (Category A)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the LOT desired, two (2) bound hard copies each of the Technical and Financial bids separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above and clearly marked as "Technical Bid or Financial Bid". The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and Lot number and addressed to:
The Registrar/Chief Executive,
NABTEB, National Headquarters,
P.M.B 1747, Ikpoba-Hill,
Benin City - Edo State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and shall be personally dropped in the Tender's Box in the Procurement Unit Office, (Block B), National Business and Technical Examinations Board, National Headquarters, Ikpoba-Hill, Benin City.
Submission of Pre-Qualification and Expression of Interest (EOI)
As per above, except two bound hard copies in one envelope.
N/B: Please note that contractor cannot submit for more than one (1) LOT.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post(Courier Services).
- Category A: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- Category B: Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for collection of tender documents.
- Category C: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- The NABTEB is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.