The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) invites Competent and interested Building Construction Companies to indicate interest by tendering pre-qualification documents to tender for the following works:
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria is a Federal Government agency established by the FIRS Establishment Act 2007, to collect tax on behalf of the Federation. Its vision is to deliver quality service to taxpayers in partnership with other stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development. Its mission is to operate an efficient and transparent tax system that optimizes tax revenue collection and voluntary tax compliance.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification
As a follow up to the General Procurement Notice (GPN) published on FIRS Website, Daily Trust and Thisday newspapers of March 23, 2021, Federal Tender Journal of Monday March 29, 2021, the Service in its bid to ensure operational efficiency through the provision of conducive working environment for its Staff and Taxpayers alike is desirous to complete the construction of its Corporate Headquarters Building Abuja and construction of New office and parking Lots in Lagos as provided in its approved 2021 budget.
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) hereby invite Competent Building Construction Companies to Pre-qualify for the project listed below:
- Lot 1: Completion of Federal Inland Revenue Services Corporate Headquarters Abuja;
- Lot 2: Construction of New Office and Parking Lots in Lagos.
Scope of Work
- Lot 1: This project involves the Completion of Federal Inland Revenue Service Corporate Headquarters Abuja, which comprises of 3Nos. Tower Blocks of 17 storey levels each with a basement floor, one Multi Storey Car Park 11 Levels and a Plant room on the basement floor with extensive external works and Services. The location of the project site is at Central Business District, Abuja. It is important to state that about 95% of structural works (Concrete & Blockwork) and 50% of the Aluminum Curtain walling have been executed.
- Lot 2: This project involves the Construction of New Office and Parking lots for Federal Inland Revenue Service in Lagos, which comprises motorized garage and office buildings. The eight (8) storey buildings will sit on a site plan of 10,683.5 square meter.
Prospective Contractors with requisite experience are expected to possess the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of the Company's Registration/Incorporation with the relevant authority (Corporate Affairs Commission), including form CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of current Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Pension compliance certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance certificate valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance certificate valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on December 31st, 2021, or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committee of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bids are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's audited accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019 and 2020, evidencing average turnover of not less than N100 Billion for Lot 1 and N10Billion for Lot 2.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility of not less than N60Billion for Lot 1 and N10Billion for Lot 2, for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's profile with the CVs, academic/professional qualifications of key staff to be deployed for the project such as ARCON, CORBON, QSRBN, COREN - Electrical; Mechanical; Civil/Structure-(at least two (2) each for Lot 1 and one (1) each for Lot 2) and/or any other relevant internationally recognized professional bodies with not less than 5 years cognate experience.
- Designated project Manager of not less than 15 years professional experience (attach CV, academic/professional qualifications).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) building construction jobs executed by the company. (ie. Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects).
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement.
- Health, safety and environmental (HSE) policy and quality assurance and control policies.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm's letter head paper bearing amongst others, the registration Number (RC) as issued by CAC, Contact Address; Telephone Number; and e-mail address. The letter head paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized signatory.
- All Contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by FIRS/Federal Government.
Any Bidder(s) who directly or indirectly attempts to influence in any manner this procurement process to obtain an unfair advantage in the award of this procurement contract in contravention of Section 58(4c) of the PPA 2007 (as amended), shall be disqualified and reported to appropriate authority for prosecution.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, November 15th, 2021.
Opening of Pre-qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon, Monday, November 15, 2021, at the address stated above.
Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the office of the Ag. Director Procurement as stated above, as FIRS will not be liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of Pre-qualification Document
Prospective bidders are to submit their pre-qualification documents for the project, two (2) hard copies, enclosed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked on the top left corner of the envelope as Pre-qualification Documents for "Completion of Federal Inland Revenue Service's Corporate Headquarters, Abuja" and addressed to the undersigned.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder. The marked sealed envelope should be registered in the Office of the Director and drop in the designated Tender Box at the location stated below.
The Ag. Director Procurement Department,
Federal Inland Revenue Service,
Revenue House Annex 3,
14 Sokode Crescent,
Wuse Zone 5,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- For all enquiries, please contact us on 08074983355; Email: email@example.com
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All cost will be borne by the bidders;
- All Pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of Tender, while the unsuccessful ones will be de-briefed.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any contractor.
- Tendering false documents is an offence and will lead to exclusion from the tendering process and prosecution.
- FIRS is not bound to awarding contracts to any tenderer and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in line with section 28 of PPA 2007.