The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) invites interested and reliable private sector(s) to tender RFQ documents for the following works:
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) is the state-owned enterprise with exclusive rights to operate railways in Nigeria.
The Nigerian Railway System pioneered the rapid opening up of the geographical area called Nigeria. The Railway System, therefore represents the oldest modern form of transportation in Nigeria. Railway development in Nigeria was initiated by private interest. This was later taken over by the then Colonial Government as Government Railway for the purpose of easy and cheap movement of bulk goods from the hinterlands to the seaports and vice versa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Qualification (RFQ) for the Design, Development, Deployment amd Management of Secure E-Ticketiing Solution for the Lagos-Ibadan (LOT-1) and Warri-Itakpe (LOT-2) Rail Services on a Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) PPP Arrangement
The Nigerian Railway Corporation Establishment Act of 1955 mandated NRC to develop national rail infrastructure and operate rail service on both the narrow and standard gauges respectively. In view of these mandates, the Lagos-Ibadan (156km) and Warri Itakpe (326km) standard gauge rail lines have been completed, test-run, commissioned and are operational.
The NRC is desirous to partner with the private sector for the Design, Development, Deployment & Management of Secure e-Ticketing Solution under BOT PPP arrangement for the Lagos-Ibadan and Warri-Itakpe, standard-gauge rail network. The ICRC as part of its mandate will provide pre and post contract PPP regulatory services to ensure efficient concessionaire procurement and contract implementation.
The overall objective of the project is the successful procurement of private sector Secured e-Ticketing Solution Providers with the requisite technical competence, managerial capacity and financial resources to design, develop, deploy and manage the infrastructure to enable train passengers on these railway corridors purchase both electronic and manual tickets with ease.
The overall scope of the project will cover but not limited to the following broad parameters:
- Provision of Electronic tickets (e-tickets) and Manual tickets.
- Provision of adequate infrastructural security.
- Deployment of adequate maintenance regime
- Provision of adequate training regime
- Provision of value-for-money throughout the life of the solution.
The pre-qualification documents of the interested investors should be structured in the following sections:
- Profile of the firm or consortium including contact person, postal address, telephone numbers, email address. If a consortium, provide names and contact details of each member of the consortium, indicate the lead member of the consortium and evidence of Letter of Association.
- Power of Attorney for Company's Appointed Representative.
- Ownership structure of bidding entity, names of major shareholders and percentage of shareholding in the entity.
- Evidence of incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Note that preferred concessionaire will be required to incorporate a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) at the issuance of Letter of Award for the project.
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020); valid till 31st December, 2021
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit certifying:
- That the company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy.
- No officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Railway Corporation or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
- That none of the Directors of the Company has been convicted for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety in any court in Nigeria or elsewhere
- Audited financial statements for three consecutive years (2018, 2019, and 2020) with an annual turnover of not less than NGN3 billion. (If you are bidding as a Consortium, the combined turnover of the consortium must not be less than NGN3 Billion).
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Track record of successful Design, Development and Deployment of E-Ticket solutions for minimum of three projects in the last 10 years.
- Experience and Expertise of Key Personnel as illustrated by Curriculum Vitae (CV) of key management staff working in similar project during the last 10 years.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for Nigerian Companies for each JV partner)
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 22nd of November, 2021.
Submission of Pre-qualification Documents
Interested firms or consortia are to submit five (5) bound copies and one (1) soft copy in a flash drive of RFQ documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated in item 4 (a-o) above.
The RFQ documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with "Request for Qualification (RFQ) for Design, Development, Deployment and Management of Secure E-Ticketing Solution for the Lagod-Ibadan (LOT-1) and Warri-Itakpe (LOT 2) Rail Services" and addressed to:
The Director (Procurement),
Nigerian Railway Corporation,
Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidders.
In accordance with the requirements of the COVID-19 protocols:
- RFQ documents should be delivered to the address above through a Courier Service.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- The RFQ documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on 22nd of November, 2021 at the Directors' Block, NRC Compound, Ebute-Metta, Lagos.
- Only short-listed firms and consortia shall be invited to the second /next stage of the procurement process - Request for Proposals.
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lot.
- The NRC is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.