The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) invites prospective and eligible companies to indicate interest by tendering pre-qualification documents to tender for the following works:
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria is a Federal Government agency established by the FIRS establishment Act 2007, to collect tax on behalf of the Federation. Its vision is to deliver quality service to taxpayers in partnership with other stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development.
Its mission is to operate an efficient and transparent tax system that optimizes tax revenue collection and voluntary tax compliance.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification
As a follow up to the General Procurement Notice (GPN) published on FIRS Website, Daily Trust and This day newspapers of March 23, 2021, Federal Tender Journal of Monday March 29, 2021, the service in its bid to ensure operational efficiency through the provision of conducive environment and adequate working tools, is desirous to complete the remodeling and extension of FIRS MSTO/GBTO Maiduguri, to procure operations motor vehicles and Non-Security Documents. The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) hereby invites prospective and eligible companies to prequalify for these projects:
Scope of Work
The scopes of these procurement's involve:
- Package A: Remodeling and extension of FIRS MSTO/GBTO Maiduguri (Lot 2)
- Package B: Supply of operations motor vehicles to various FIRS offices nationwide:
- Lot 1: Supply of Sport Utility Vehicles
- Lot 2: Supply of Buses
- Lot 3: Supply of Sedan Cars
- Lot 4: Supply of Pick-up Vans
- Package C: Printing of Non-Security Documents.
Prospective vendors with requisite experience are expected to possess the following:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC and CACT.
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid til 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance certificate valid til 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors,Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on December 31, 2021, or valid certificate issued by BPP.
- Only Companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved lists of local Manufacturers of Vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for Package B.
- Only Companies that has a recognized/verifiable printing press should bid for Package.
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committee of Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bids are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's audited accounts for the last three (3) years - 2018, 2019 and 2020, evidencing turnover of not less than (N100Million for Package A and N2Billion for Package B).
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's profile with the CVs, academic/professional qualifications of key staff to be deployed for the project (ie. ARCON, QSRBN, COREN - Electrical; mechanical; Civil/Structure - (at least one (1) each) with not less than 5 years cognate experience (Package A only).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last Five (5) years (i.e. Letters of Awards, Payment Certificates, Job Completion Certificates etc..).
- Package A: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease agreement.
- For Joint Venture Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm's letterhead paper bearing amongst others, the registration Number (RC) as issued by CAC, Contact Address Telephone Number, and e-mail address. The letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized signatory.
- All Contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by FIRS/Federal Government.
Any Bidder(s) who directly or indirectly attempts to influence in any manner this procurement process to obtain an unfair advantage in the award of this procurement contract in contravention of Section 58(4c) of the PPA 2007 (as amended), shall be disqualified and reported to appropriate authority for prosecution.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, November 15, 2021.
Opening of Pre-qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon, Monday, November 15, 2021, at the address stated above. Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register in the office of the Director Procurement as stated in paragraph 6 above, as FIRS will not be liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of Pre-qualification Document
Prospective bidders are to submit their pre-qualification documents for the project, two (2) hard copies, enclosed in a sealed envelope and clearly marked on the top left corner of the envelope as Pre-qualification Documents for "Name of the project and addressed to the undersigned.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder. The marked sealed envelope should be registered in the Office of the Director and drop in the designated Tender Box at the location stated below:
The Ag. Director Procurement Department,
Federal Inland Revenue Service,
Revenue House Annex 3,
14 Sokode Crescent,
Wuse Zone 5,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- For all enquiries, please contact us on 08074983355; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All cost will be borne by the bidders;
- Only Pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for collection of tender, while the unsuccessful ones will be de-briefed.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services)
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any contractor
- Tendering false documents is an offence and will lead to exclusion from the tendering process and prosecution.
- FIRS is not bound to awarding contracts to any tenderer and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in line with section 28 of PPA 2007.
- In line with executive order 001 of May 18 2017, all bidders are to provide verifiable statement on the local content of the works to be done and goods to be supplied.