The American University of Nigeria (AUN) invites interested and reputable contractor(s)/ companies to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded by former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, GCON, in Yola, the capital of his home state of Adamawa, Northeast Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Supply and Installation of Office and Classroom Furniture for the School of Law
The American University of Nigerian, Yola, Adamawa(AUN), is desirous of the complete furnishing of the offices and classrooms of the ongoing construction of its school of law complex, located at the permanent campus, Yola.
The university hereby request a bid proposal(tender) from your company for the supply and installation of office and classrooms furniture as per attached Bill of quantities, the architectural design layout and specifications.
Scope of Work
Scope of works shall include but not limited to the supply and installation of very high quality and durable furniture as follows:
- Office and reception desks and chairs which include clerical, managerial and executive chairs and desks, executive sofas, center tables, side stools (as per attached bill of quantities).
- Classrooms, which shall include classroom armless chairs, flip chairs, classroom chairs as per attached bill of quantities), white boards.
- Miscellaneous items which shall include the construction of elevated platform for moot court, witness box, interior decorative wood finishing.
The bidder shall submit with his proposal the information and documents specified below. Proposals not accompanied by this information will be classified "incomplete" and may stand the risk of being rejected:
Incorporation of Company:
- The bidder shall submit certified copies of the Certificate of Incorporation and Registration.
- The Bidder shall submit evidence of his financial standing and a banker's reference. An updated Audited balance sheets and profit and loss accounts should be provided.
- The Bidder shall submit details of work(s) of a similar nature which he currently has or has previously completed together with an indication of the skill and experience of employees available for the Works. A statement giving the numbers and categories of supervisory and technical staff and skilled and unskilled labour to be employed on the Works.
Programme of Work:
- The bidder shall submit details of his proposed programme for execution of the Works from the date of receipt of the Architect's order to take possession of the site.
Registration as AUN Vendor/ Contractor:
- AUN policy requires that registration as AUN contractor or vendor is mandatory in the consideration of a vendor/contractor for business.
- Therefore, a successful bidder who has not registered with the institution shall be required to do so immediately. AUN reserved the right to reject any bidder who has not registered within a period AUN considers reasonable enough to do so.
The followings are documents for the purpose of this bid:
- Architectural lay out Drawings and specifications.
- A blank bill of quantities. The blank bill of quantities is provided for reference only and is not exhaustive of what is required to complete the works.
- AUN contract requirement shall apply
- Bank bond or an insurance bond covering the full amount of advance payment shall be provided
- Delay and or non-completion may attract penalty as contained in the contract.
- Expected delivery date including installation is Dec 30th 2021
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 29th October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All proposals should be submitted in a soft copy titled "RE-Tender for the Supply of office and classroom Furniture for SOL" and transmitted via emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, CC: email@example.com
N/B: The recipients of this Tender Documents (whether they submit Tenders or not) shall treat the details of the documents as private and confidential.
Instruction to Bidders
- The proposal(tender) shall include the delivery cost to the site including loading, offloading, any cost of handling and all taxes.
- Tenders are to be priced in whole and not in part. AUN reserve the right to reject Incomplete tender. AUN reserves the right to reject any or all the tenders and is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender either in whole or in part.
- Tender shall be accompanied by the shop drawings of each of the furniture.