The Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) invites qualified and interested consultants/firms to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a Nigerian non-profit Foundation established in 2010 with initial funding by Chevron Corporation to support a portfolio of socio-economic development programs for Nigeria’s Niger Delta to improve standards of living of communities in the region.
PIND supports projects in collaboration with a diverse range of donor partners including bilateral and multilateral aid agencies, federal and state government agencies in Nigeria, private companies and foundations. With an overarching goal of increasing income and employment in the region, the Foundation has two distinct but interrelated program areas, and enablers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal to Engage a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Consultant to Update the Current PIND Gender Policy to Include Social Inclusion Components
PIND Foundation has been promoting gender equality in the Niger Delta region through its programs, projects and operations since its inception. PIND envisions an egalitarian and peaceful society that guarantees equal rights and equitable access to and control of productive resources; ensuring that individuals are empowered to create wealth and overcome poverty and disease irrespective of sex and other demographic differentials.
PIND developed a gender policy in 2014 to further strengthen its commitment to supporting youths, women and men, in achieving their economic growth in a peaceful and enabling environment. Following the development of the Policy, PIND engaged a gender consultant to help lay foundation for the actual implementation of the Policy/Strategy.
With support of the consultant, PIND has built capacity of itsstaff through training's, development of gender mainstreaming tools and appointment of Gender Desk Officers who provide support to other program officers in driving gender activities within the organization.
Scope of Work
- Review PIND’s current gender policy and update it to a GESI policy.
- Desk review of related PIND reports and documents for context and understanding - PSR Report, Strategic Plan etc.
- Read PIND’s annual and quarterly reports and other PIND’s reports to determine extent to which GESI issues and results are being tracked and reported.
- Review teams gender matrix and have discussions with team on global best practices.
- Design modules and hold work sessions with the various PIND teams in the three offices to familiarize them with various GESI toolkit for tracking GESI results.
- Deliver training on effective GESI mainstreaming for PIND staff across the three offices.
- Work with programs and project teams to review their Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) and other social inclusion indicators in relation with their impact indicators.
- Produce updated policy.
- Draft action plan for the implementation of the updated policy.
- Make presentation of the updated policy to PIND’s management and staff at the end of the tasks.
N/B: Please note that in addition to the listed tasks above, additional tasks may be added during Start-up meeting with the Consultant.
Interested candidates are expected to meet the following criteria:
- An Advance degree in International Development, Gender and Social Inclusion Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of national/international professional experience in the Gender Mainstreaming, program/project development and implementation experience is desirable.
- Experience in implementing, facilitating, and developing Gender and Social Inclusion policy and strategy is desirable.
- Excellent writing, research, analysis, communications and presentation skills is essential.
- Experience in conducting Gender and Social Inclusion Mainstreaming training.
- Ability to work in an independent manner and organize the workflow efficiently within limited time period is essential.
Application Closing Date
12:00noon, 29th October, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Eligible individuals are invited to submit a detailed technical proposal which should include evidence of carrying out previous similar activity (add website references or contact references as maybe necessary), an outline of proposed approach for delivering on the objectives and a suitability statement on why you are the best candidate for the assignment, and a cost proposal AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS which should be emailed to: email@example.com
along with the following mandatory item/supporting documents listed below:
- Certificate of Business Registration/Means of Personal Identification
- Profile of organization or Resume in case of a consultant
- Completed PIND bio data form in case of consultants
- Most Recent Tax Clearance Certificate
- Tax Identification Number
- Full physical contact address
- Bank Reference Letter
- Bank details as follows:
- Name of Account
- Account Number
- Name of Bank
- Address of Bank
For more clarification on this RFP, please Click Here