Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites competent and reputable consultant(s) to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
Catholic Relief Services - United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS) is a global humanitarian and development agency, working in 114 countries with 1,929 local partners to improve the lives of 159 million people.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Network Mapping and Influence Strategy for Social Cohesion & Justice Integration
With the launch of its Vison 2030 Agency Strategy, Catholic Relief Services (CRS) seeks to catalyze development and humanitarian outcomes at scale. CRS recognizes the complexity of achieving sustainable outcomes entailing systemic changes in organizational and institutional rules and incentives.
CRS is investing in six Strategic Change Platforms (SCPs): social cohesion and social justice integration, community-based approaches to safe and dignified emergency shelter, sustainable landscapes, multi-sectoral approaches to eradicating malaria, strengthening families for thriving children, and youth leadership and livelihoods. Each of these platforms presents challenges and opportunities for CRS’ teams to test new ways of thinking, working, partnering, and mobilizing resources. True to CRS’ commitment to local leadership, working with and in support of local partners is a key element of catalyzing change at scale.
This consultancy has two purposes organized in two stages:
- The first stage of this consultancy has the purpose of mapping and assessing the networks and coordination bodies addressing SC&J, the humanitarian peace-building nexus, fragility and resilience, and/or the priority issues of CRS’ other SCPs (particularly safe and dignified homes and communities; sustainable landscapes; and family strengthening; but potentially also inclusive of malaria eradication and youth leadership and livelihoods), where there is a natural fit for SC&J integration. The mapping will be feed into the development of an external influence strategy (second stage).
- The second stage has the purpose of developing 3-year influence strategy that capitalizes on these windows of opportunity in order to advance systematic integration of social cohesion and justice in all humanitarian and development work, in consultation with relevant SCPs, the SCP1 Core Team. Based on the strategy, the consultants will support SCP1 to develop a detailed action plan for the remainder of CY2022. This will include identification of suitable liaisons to the prioritized fora, who can contribute examples, experiences and benefits of SC&J integration. This could entail new representation on these bodies, or closer collaboration with colleagues or partners already embedded in the network or forum. The strategy will also guide and inform future years’ action plans.
The ideal consultant will possess the following qualifications:
- Deep and broad familiarity with peacebuilding and justice approaches, particularly social cohesion strengthening and promotion of inclusion, equity and accountability.
- Understanding of international relief, development and peacebuilding organizations
- Familiarity with CRS preferred
- Familiarity with policy trends in the international development field
- Experience with multiple sectors and donor institutions related to SC&J
- Demonstrated experience with research and participatory methods
- Demonstrated experience with strategy development
- Excellent writing and analytical skills for quality reporting writing
- Strong coordination skills and ability to adhere to deadlines and work remotely
Application Closing Date
Monday, 8th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All applications and documents should be addressed and submitted by COB to Procurement Manager via email at: email@example.com
The consultant needs to submit:
- Cover letter indicating applicant’s ability and availability
- Consultant CV and/or Company Profile
- Example of applicant’s written report on end project assessment or other references of similar consultancy assignments (if available).
- Reference list (names and contact information for at least three references)
Financial Proposal: Lump-sum offer with the cost breakdown for:
- Mapping and analysis of relevant networks, fora, and coordination bodies
- Final influence strategy and 2022 action plan.
For more clarification on the RFP, please Click Here