The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites competent and interested consultant / private sector(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1951 and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits both migrants and society.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - To Conduct Assessment, Feasibility Study Design All-Encompassing Response Plan
Since 2017, IOM has developed targeted interventions in Nigeria and transit countries to protect the security, dignity and rights of migrants and help in improving the reintegration of returnees through an innovative approach. More than 21,00 Nigerian migrants’ have been supported with different types of interventions including protection and assistance to vulnerable and stranded migrants, provision of direct assistance through identification and referral, assistance for voluntary return, support for sustainable reintegration in the communities of origin and the dissemination of accurate information on migration to migrants , potential migrants and communities.
To create employment opportunities and income generating activities for potential migrants (unemployed youths) in Nigeria, IOM is seeking a consultant, private sector, CSOs, NGO, etc to carry out comprehensive profiling of high return communities and analysis with expertise and specialization in setting up community based re/integration projects including but not limited to fish farming and fish value addition, Animal Husbandry, Integrated chicken fish farming, Integrated Solar-Powered Irrigation Farming (SPIS) -Diversified Crops (vegetables, fruits & cereals) & Commercial Nursery Farming provide training and supervise target beneficiaries. The proposed CBR interventions will incorporate clean energy and minimize environment degradation.
The main objectives of the assignment are to carry out the following below:
- Comprehensive community socio-economic profiling and community need assessment and analysis.
- Feasibility study.
- Assessing the community based approaches supporting person with protection risks.
- Design all-encompassing community response plan that responds to the social economic reintegration activities in the different geographical zones taking into consideration the different vulnerabilities of the migrants (VoTs, migrants with MHPSS and medical needs, single parents, unaccompanied and separated children etc.).
Qualification and Experience
The criteria for selecting the organization-based consulting firm are:
- Seven years’ experience in Research, Community development etc.
- Familiarity with migration management, migration, Reintegration etc
- Experience conducting similar research
- Excellent experience working with diverse stakeholders
- Must possess relevant documentations as a government entity
- Ability to conceptualize and integrate diverse views from government authorities, stakeholders, and the broader community to achieve desired objectives.
- Knowledge of local context in human rights and migration discourse.
- Ability to train, write and produce narrative and financial reports.
- Management Team composition with a proven track record.
- Proven understanding of the Nigerian business environment and labor market structure.
Application Closing Date
4th, November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
IOM invites experienced and interested private sector organizations to submit an expression of interest, technical proposal along with a cover letter in support of their application addressed to IOM Lagos via email: IOMLagosTenders@iom.int
Via hard copy to IOM Lagos Office at:
No.1 Isaac John Street,
Ikeja GRA - Lagos State.
N/B: The subject of the cover letter should indicate the proposed project title.
- The subject line should state “To Conduct Assessment, Feasibility Study Design All-Encompassing Community Response Plan".
- Each submission must include; A technical proposal, with detailed methodology and work plan (max 4 pages), along with: - Organizational profile and structure, with required above list of competencies and qualification/expertise; - Recently audited financial reports for two consecutive years and required set of registration documents; - List of projects (past and current) with short but very brief descriptions as part of background information in the lieu of the experiences and expertise and projects have been worked on
- Please note that only short-listed organizations will be contacted.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here