Arik Air invites eligible and interested contractors to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents to tender for the following works:
Arik Air is a Nigerian airline operating mainly from two hubs at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja. Arik Air's head office is the Arik Air Aviation Center on the grounds of Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest to Bid for the Immediate Sale of Two (2) CRJ 900 Aircraft's "As Is" and: Where Is"
Scope of Work
Mr Kamilu A. Omokide, FCA - the Receiver Manager of Arik Air Limited (the Receiver Manager) pursuant to his statutory powers hereby calls for expressions of interest to purchase either, or both, of two (2) CRJ 900 Aircraft with details described as follows:
N/B: The aircraft's were operated in Africa and are being sold as "As Is" and "Where Is".
To participate in the process, an interested party must meet the following criteria:
- Corporate entities or individuals who have been convicted of offences relating to forgery of documents, fraud, misappropriation, money laundering, extortion or like financial offences, are excluded.
- Individuals who are employees, relatives of an employee or a member of the Board of Arik Air Limited (Arik) before and after it went into receivership, are excluded.
- Employees or relatives of the Receiver Manager and those of his legal advisers are excluded.
- Corporate entities that are bankrupt, or being wound up, or dissolved, or are under compulsory administration, or under reorganization procedure/special liquidation/ arrangement with its creditors, or under suspension of business activities, or under a pending application or procedure concerning such matters, or under any equivalent situation arising from a similar procedure under the laws of the country of its current residence/establishment are also excluded from submitting a bid.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 12th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All Bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope with one original and 5 copies duly signed by the authorized representative of the applicant and delivered alongside 5% of the bid amount in Certified Bank Draft from a financial Institution lawfully operating in the jurisdiction of the applicant and payable to Arik Air Limited (in Receivership) or evidence of the transfer of 5% of the bid sum to a bank account to be provided for local bidders.
For international bidders, they may provide a financial standby letter of credit (SBLC) to be issued by a first-class international Bank for 5% of the bid sum to be released to Arik Air Limited (In Receivership) upon acceptance of the bid (wordings to be communicated on request). This is in lieu of bank draft or direct account transfer. The 5% advance bid sum shall be treated as part of total bid sum. Where bid is accepted, it will become non-refundable.
The bid and supporting documents are to be sent in a sealed envelope with the top left corner marked "Proposal for the Purchase of CRJ 900 Aircraft" and physically submitted and dropped in a specific bid box at the following office address:
Arik Aviation Centre,
Murtala Muhammed Airport (Domestic Wing),
Ikeja - Lagos State.
The Receiver Manager considers it necessary to afford interested buyers the opportunity to comment on, or request clarifications in respect of this bid process prior to submission of their proposals. To this end, comments or clarifications may be addressed to the Receiver Manager, and forwarded to the above address or to his email address: RM.CRJsales@arikair.com
Bidders should indicate the offer price for any of the two Aircraft they are interested in the profile of the buyer should contain the following:
- Constitutive documents (showing details of the company's directors, shareholders and ownership structure), a corporate body
- Certified copies of international passports in the case of individuals.
- Financial consideration offered for the aircraft which can either be in Naira or a foreign denominated currency
- Proof of funds in line with the procedure for submission detailed in subsequent paragraphs (which shall be verified in line with the provisions of the Money Laundering Act).
- The contact persons office and contact address, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of interested bidders should also be provided.
Inspection of the Aircraft's
Bidders are encouraged to visit the Aircraft at their present locations between the date of this publication and Thursday, November 11,2021, before submitting their Bids. Inspection visits can be scheduled on request. The cost of such due diligence shall be exclusively borne by the bidders and no sort of disassembly will be allowed in the context of such due diligence.
Evaluation of Bids
In evaluating the bids, the Receiver Manager will be guided by the following considerations:
- As part of the evaluation process, Receiver Manager will review the bids submitted by bidders alongside supporting documents.
- The Receiver Manager may, at his absolute discretion, request for clarifications from its Offer and may allow the interested buyer to submit supplementary documentation or clarify its offer within a specified duration
- Each Aircraft will be offered to the highest bidder(s), subject to the bid being higher or equal to the reserve price
- Compliance of the bids with money laundering laws and KYC requirements
- Readiness of a bidder to make full payment within 30 days of the receipt of notification of the success of the bid.
- The Aircraft are to be sold "as is and where is", and no warranty or guarantee is given on the condition of the Aircraft.
- The Receiver Manager reserves the right to, whether on his initiative or as a result of a request for clarification by an interested buyer, modify the request for proposal by issuing an addendum at any time prior to the deadline for submission of proposals which addendum shall be communicated promptly before the deadline for the submission of proposals to the interested buyers and which shall be binding on the interested buyers
- Successful bidder(s) will be informed in writing. If the need arises, communication may be made to multiple bidder(s) on the basis of first to pay.
The foregoing publication is subject to terms and conditions of sale available upon request from any interested bidder.