Oxfam International invites eligible and interested consultant(s) to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Oxfam is a British founded confederation of 20 independent charitable organizations focusing on the alleviation of global poverty, founded in 1942 and led by Oxfam International. It is a major nonprofit group with an extensive collection of operations.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for Baseline Study for Urban Flood Hives Project in Jos City, Plateau State, Nigeria
The Food Hives to Nourish Cities initiative is rethinking the future of food. In six cities around the world (Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Indonesia, Philippines, Colombia and India), Food Hives will be prototyping an approach that designs and develops entire ecosystems that will support regenerative, equitable, and nourishing food systems of the future. The food hives will be models of how communities, businesses and governments can come together to build regenerative, more nourishing and equitable food systems in urban and peri-urban geographies. We believe this will lead to a food future that meets the needs of all people, while considering planetary boundaries. The first phase of this initiative will run between 3 to 5 years and developing entrepreneurial ecosystems that support marginalized communities, particularly women and youth,play a larger role in their local food economies.
The vision of the Food Hives in Nigeria is to have an inclusive food system where everyone has access to nourishing foods in value chains that offer enterprise opportunities for women and young people. Our expectation is to create food system hubs that will serve as one-stop-shops for the promotion of efficient, profitable, and functional food systems environment. The project will be piloted in per-urban and urban locations of Plateau State, north-central Nigeria.
Overall, a more inclusive and dynamic ecosystem will not only benefit food focused entrepreneurs but entrepreneurs across the region as more resources and supports become available and accessible for local communities.
Scope of Work
The baseline study consultant will be expected to use different data collecting methods suitable to deliver the study objectives and to establish a baseline for the project’s key indicators. These includes a combination of:
- Desk review
- Direct observation,
- Quantitative survey
- Focus group discussions.
Qualification and Experience of Consultant
- An advanced degree in Development Studies, Sociology/Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, Sustainable and Inclusive Development or other related fields.
- Cognate and requisite experience in food security, livelihoods, resilience, and food systems programming approaches such as Food Security and Livelihoods Assessment Missions, Household Economy Approach (HEA), Participatory Vulnerability analysis (PVA), Value Chain analysis (VCA)etc.
- Demonstrated capacity in integrating gender equity and diversity concerns in programming, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation.
- Extensive experience in livelihood programmes and projects, preferably in northern Nigeria.
- Significant experience working with the Federal, State and Local Government Areas in Nigeria including those in conflict areas.
- Sound knowledge of food systems, resilience programming, rural development, rural livelihoods enterprise, family farming, agricultural markets and agricultural private sector actors.
- Sound knowledge of policy issues related to food security, social protection, disaster risk reduction, inclusive markets, and climate change.
- Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 5th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed documents and proposals (technical) and(financial) should be submitted to: NGA.Bid@oxfam.org
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here