The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN WOMEN) invites experienced and competent consultancy firms to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
Application are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) to Develop a Comprehensive Strategy for UN-Women's Partnership with the Private Sector (Spotlight Initiative) - 2
The Spotlight Initiative in Nigeria aims to support a Nigeria where all women and girls, particularly the most vulnerable, live a life free from violence and harmful practices. The vision will be realized by addressing the linkages between sexual and gender-based violence and harmful practices with related aspects of sexual and reproductive health and rights as a cross-cutting theme.
Focus is on prevention efforts, particularly addressing the root causes of gender-based violence and harmful practices (child marriage and FGM) against women and girls, and ensuring access to inclusive, timely, and quality services for victims and survivors with a vibrant CSOs and women movement. The geographical scope is vertical, supporting interventions at federal, state and community levels and horizontally across 5+1 focus states of Lagos, Sokoto, FCT, Ebonyi, Adamawa and Cross River and the FCT.
Objectives of the Assignment
UN Women is one of the core agencies implementing the Spotlight Initiative and in collaboration with the private sector seeks proposals from a Communications firm to lead the development and implementation of a communication strategy that supports private sector's engagement and participation in the Spotlight Initiative and the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) in Nigeria.
The potential partner is expected to develop a communication strategy and sustainable initiatives that support women in the private sector who experience sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) to have available, accessible, acceptable, and quality essential services for recovery and protection from violence, for senior private sector company leaders to integrate mechanisms and processes that address and resolve Gender Based Violence (GBV) issues in the workplace; to engender private sector companies to invest in and support activities that address GBV and to align this support to the training conducted for private sector on WEPs, SRHR, GBV and access to markets for participants of the second chance education initiative as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility, for private sector companies to empower women in the workplace, marketplace, and community through the adoption of the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) to strengthen the awareness, visibility, and adoption of the Women's Empowerment Principles (WEPs) by private sector companies in Nigeria and to design and implement activities that contributes to the results.
Scope of Work
Specific tasks for the consulting firm are to:
- Develop and design a robust communication strategy that will facilitate outreach and engagement of private sector company leadership to commit to the WEPs, investments made through the Spotlight Initiative such as Second chance education, essential GBV service provision in one stop centers, and towards gender equality and women's empowerment:
- WEPS- How their Internal and external interventions align to the seven WEPs principles
- Spotlight- Second Chance Education and provision of GBV essential service provision
- GEWE-Making the business case for gender equality and women's empowerment and its economic cost and bottom-line impact for organizations
- Recommend a strategic approach to propel private sector companies to invest in the private sector GBV fund as part of their value proposition
- Develop relevant advocacy tools, i.e. presentation packs, templates and advocacy tools to facilitate effective outreach and engagement of the private sector on investing in gender equality and women's empowerment.
Deliverable's that shall be Submitted for Approval:
- A communications and advocacy strategy for UN Women partnership with the private sector.
- A toolkit of advocacy briefs and materials on GBV prevention and WEPS to facilitate private sector partnership and media engagements.
- Two advocacy videos: One on the WEPS and one on the Spotlight Initiative partnership with private sector
- All interested firms should submit a technical and financial proposal. The proposals will be evaluated and selected based on the evaluation criteria presented below. All evidence documents should be provided as attachment in the proposal package. To this end, the technical proposal shall contain the following information to allow evaluation of the tender according to the technical criteria:
- A clear understanding of the required tasks and demonstration of how the organization intends to implement the activity using a clear and coordinated approach.
- A description of the organization and staffing structure (including the number of staff and subcontractors) available for the activities covered by the institutional contract.
- Relevant documentation demonstrating consideration for ethical rules and regulations in the field of peacebuilding and assessment.
- Reference letters certificates of service, and other relevant documents from past collaborations should be provided as attachments to the proposal if available.
- The proposal should specify how they will ensure quality control of the services throughout the contractual period, including identification of potential risks and mitigation measures.
- Provide evidence of financial capacity, including most recent Audited financial report.
N/B: UN Women will provide relevant background and project documents, reporting templates, guidance on procurement processes, relevant contact information of relevant actors forhe geopolitical zones as requested. UN Women will provide operational support for the organisation of the the high-level meeting, as well as feedback and guidance.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Interested offers who wish to express interest should, please Click here
For more clarification on this RFP, please Click Here