Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites competent and experienced visual designer(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States.
Catholic Relief Services is a manifestation of love for our brothers and sisters around the globe by the Catholic community of the United States. We protect, defend and advance human life around the world by directly meeting basic needs and advocating solutions to injustice. CRS is a pro-life organization dedicated to preserving the sacredness and dignity of human life from conception to natural death. Every aspect of our work is to help life flourish. We are resolute in our commitment to the Church and its teaching.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for Graphic Designer for CTWWC
The Changing the Way We Care℠ (CTWWC) initiative- led by Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and Maestral International - is a global movement, operationalized at global, regional, and country levels, to prevent children from entering institutions and to place children currently in institutions in safe and nurturing families. The initiative addresses the substantial harm of institutional care to children’s development, protection, and well-being, and promotes positive outcomes for children through family-based care.
CTWWC is seeking a visual designer to support our vision to strengthen families by designing documents and other learning products developed by professionals, experts, and care leavers (those who have “aged out” or left the care of orphanages). These products will assist, educate, and inform and potential collaborators around the world and those they serve, including children.
Scope of Work
- Assure the correct branding of learning products/documents with adherence to the policies outlined in the Changing the Way We Care Style Guide (this will be provided to the consultant)
- Conceptualize designs based on requirements received by the Program Manager and greater CTWWC staff, including illustrations, logos, and other ad hoc designs for print and digital collateral
- Prepare rough drafts of designs and present ideas to the Program Manager
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- CTWWC anticipates that at a minimum the consultant will be offered at least one design per month for the period from signing to the initial end date of 9/30/2022.
- 2+ years of visual/graphic design experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in applied arts
- Strong typography, layout, image making (still or motion), storytelling, and prototyping skills demonstrated in a comprehensive portfolio
- 2+ years of experience with and demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including Illustrator, Photoshop, In Design and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language, additional language skills are an asset
- Knowledge of international child welfare or in an international context is an asset
- Comprehensive design portfolio
- Past performance on relevant work
- Provide any other information to demonstrate the Consultant’s capability in relation to the Scope of Work.
Application Closing Date
4th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
- CRS is not bound to accept the lowest or any proposal and reserves the right to accept any proposal in whole or in part and to reject any or all proposals.
- CRS shall not be legally bound by any award notice issued for this RFP until a contract is duly signed and executed with the winning offeror.
- CRS reserves the right to cancel this solicitation at any point and is under no obligation to issue a contract as a result of this solicitation.
- CRS will not reimburse any expenses related to the preparation of any proposal related materials or delivery.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here