The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) invites companies with requisite experience and technical and financial capacities to tender pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT) located in Ibadan was established in 1975 with the assistance of United Nations Development Programme in conjunction with food and Agricultural Organization as fruits and vegetables research and demonstration centre.
It acquired the status of a national institute in June 1976. The Institute’s headquarter is situated on a 350 hectares of land at Jericho Reservation Area, Idi-Ishin, Ibadan, in the rainforest agro-ecological zone of South Western Nigeria. To give a national outlook, the institute has two substations located in Mbato-Okigwe, Imo state in South Eastern Nigeria and the other at Bagauda, Kano State.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification for 2021 Capital Projects
National Horticultural Research Institute (NIHORT), Ibadan with the mandate to conduct research into genetic improvement, production, processing, storage, utilization and marketing of tropical fruits, vegetable, ornamentals, spices, other medicinal and aromatic plants of nutritional and economic importance.
In compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Institute wishes to invite companies that possess the cognate experience and requisite technical and financial capacities to submit bids for the under listed projects.
Scope of Work
||Renovation of Existing Screen Houses
||Acquisition of New Screen Houses
||Procurement and Installation of Solar Power System for Provision of Seeds and Seedling for sustainable Horticultural Crop Production
||Provision of Drip Irrigation Facilities (Green House Materials including drip system materials) for Farming communities in North West Zone
||Gombe & Kano
||Procurement of Fruit Juice Processing Equipment and Materials
||Procurement and Installation of Research Equipment
Prospective bidders are required to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including, Memoranda & Articles of Association, Form CAC 1.1 or CAC 2 & 7 (Certify True Copy).
- Evidence of Firm’s Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (applicable where number of staff is at least 15).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (applicable where number of staff is at least 5 or at least N50m turnover).
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility when needed.
- Current Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Horticultural Research Institute or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That the company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt.
- That the company does not have any Director who has ever been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offense in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- Company’s Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 and 2020), duly signed and sealed by audit firm.
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academics/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, ICAN, ANAN etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation/Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- Works: List of Plants and Equipment with proof of ownership or lease agreement.
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Electricity Jobs: Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company’s Letter Head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferable GSM No.) and valid e-mail address and official company’s address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names, Nationalities and, telephone number of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 8th November, 2021.
Opening of Pre-Qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 8th November, 2021 at the Institute’s Auditorium, National Horticultural Research Institute, Idi-Ishin, Jericho Reservation Area, Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register, as NIHORT will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
Interested Firms are to submit two (2) bound copies of Technical Bid, separated by dividers. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the Name of the Project and Lot Number and addressed to the:
National Horticultural Research Institute, Idi-Ishin,
Jericho Reservation Area,
Ibadan - Oyo State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the Bidder and should be deposited in the Tender Box at Administrative Block II, National Horticultural Research Institute, Idi-Ishin, Jericho Reservation Area, Ibadan, Oyo State Nigeria.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Documents shall be verified and violators shall be referred to investigating authorities.
- Pre-qualification documents submitted after the deadline would be returned un-opened.
- The advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIHORT to award contract to any contractor, nor shall it entitle any contractor, submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NIHORT.
- Pre-qualification documents should contain a table of contents and properly paginated.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (link will be sent to bidders) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only pre-qualified bidders will be invited at a later date for collection of tender documents
- Contractors who have worked for the Institute and have history of poor performance, abandonment or prolonged contract execution/extension need not apply, as they will be disqualified.
- NIHORT is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- All participating companies are advised to submit active e-mail account (s) and GSM Number (s) for communication purposes.
- The implementation of the advertised projects is subject to availability of funds.
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lot.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements shall automatically result in the disqualification of a bidder.