The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) invites interested consultancy firm(s) to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) - Established on May 28th, 1975 via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS is a 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries.
Considered one of the pillars of the African Economic Community, ECOWAS was set up to foster the ideal of collective self-sufficiency for its member states. As a trading union, it is also meant to create a single, large trading bloc through economic cooperation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) (Consulting Services - Individual Consultant Selection) - Recruitment of a Procurement Assistant
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) has received a grant from the World Bank toward the ECOWAS Regional Electricity Access and Battery Energy Storage Technology Project (BEST), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Selection of a Procurement Assistant for the Regional Coordination Unit (RCU).
The Project Development Objective is to increase access to grid electricity, enhance power system stability, and increase renewable energy integration in the West Africa Power Pool.
Scope of Work
- The overall responsibility of the Procurement Assistant (PA) will be to provide a support in the programming, acquisition of goods and services, and monitoring of the procurement activities.
- He (she) will be under the direct supervision of the RCU Senior Procurement Specialist (SPS) and reports directly to him.
- He will also need to work in collaboration with the PIUs Procurement Specialist and the ECOWAS Commission Procurement Division during the implementation of the procurement activities of the Project.
N/B: The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services
Qualifications and Skills
The Consultant will have to prove a professional experience including but not limited the following qualification requirements:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent (degree in Engineering) in the field of Economy, Law, Management, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field;
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to use basic computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint or other software for data processing) and the Internet;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work in teams in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Knowledge of E-Procurement and STEP will be an Advantage.
- Training and certificates in Procurement will be an advantage
- Have at least five (5) years of professional Experience, of which at least three (3) years in the field of Procurement.
- Experience within a development project funded by the Donors such as the World Bank, the African Development Bank will be an advantage;
- A key requirement for the position is having Proficiency in English or French (reading, speaking, and writing) with a good knowledge of the second language.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 12 November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All EOIs must be delivered through this link, please Click Here
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday to Friday from 9.00 a.m to 4.00 p.m at:
Directorate of Energy & Mines,
ECOWAS Commission Annex,
4th Floor Plot 817,
Ralph Shodeinde Street,
F.C.T - Abuja.
- A Candidate will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated November 2020.
For more clarifications on this EOI, please Click Here