Mercy Corps Nigeria invites reputable and interested International Consulting Firm(s) to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Hiring of International Consulting Firm to Purchase, Assess & Install Groundwater Loggers
Mercy Corps, an International Non-Governmental Humanitarian Organization is pleased to invite International Consulting Firm to submit proposals for the purchase, assessment, and installation of groundwater loggers in Bama, Damboa, Gwoza & Ngala LGAs, Borno State, Nigeria.
Mercy Corps chooses to hold competitive proposals for selection of companies/contractors which will implement our requirements. We believe that competitive proposalsare the only way to fairly select the best company for the job while ensuring good prices and preventing collaboration and corruption.
Scope of Work
||Purchase Ground water monitoring digital Data logger’s transducer
||Data loggers should have a battery that last at least 10 years
||Purchase of software to be installed in gound water monitoing computers for data collection
||Software are to be installed in two computers.
||Purchase Cable for Ground water monitoring data loggers’ connection and download to computer
||The cable should have the required length in meters to reach the required depth of the boreholes
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
In keeping with Mercy Corps’ guiding principle for procurement, Mercy Corps Nigeria Uses only responsible service providers that possess the ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of a proposed procurement. In addition to the ability to perform, Mercy Corps also consider minimum standards of responsibility to determine which International Consulting Firm(s) Mercy Corps will do business with. These standards include.
- Being eligible business under applicable laws and regulations of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Being in good standing with any taxation or legal authority in Nigeria
Below are set of supplier’s eligibility criteria that form part of the above mentioned standards
- The business must have a valid address
- The business is not bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- The business/owners have not been convicted of an offence concerning professional conduct
- The business/owners have not been guilty of grave professional misconduct (proven by any means that the contracting authorities can justify).
- The business has fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- The business is not guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- The business is not in situation of conflict of interest (with prior relationship to project or family or business relationship to parties on commission)
- The business does not employ personnel below the legal working age.
- The business provides basic social right and fair working conditions to the employees.
- The business/Owners are not on any list of sanctioned parties issued by the United States Government and/or United Nations and European Union.
Required skills and competencies
- At least 5 years of experience in the sector of groundwater management/Monitoring , hydro-geology or other relevant areas of expertise.
- Experience in conducting similar activities.
- Post-Graduate qualification in water related studies with focus on ground water management.
- Extensive knowledge of ground water monitoring tools.
- Versatility, flexibility and ability to adapt solutions to the context
- Experience in capacity building and knowledge transfer.
Application Closing Date
5:30pm, 10th November, 2021.
Submission of Tender Documents
All completed proposals and documents should be addressed and delivered to:
No. 38 Kinshasa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
Note: Envelopes or emails should be marked "NIG/MDG/TEN45 - Hire of International Consulting Firm to Purchase, Assess & Install Groundwater Loggers".
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of [180 days] from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any offeror will be issued to that offeror. In some cases Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all offerors. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposals. Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this ITB, please Click Here