The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) invites qualified suppliers and service providers to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was established on 14 December 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. The agency is mandated to lead and co-ordinate international action to protect refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs) and resolve their problems worldwide. Its primary purpose is to safeguard the rights and wellbeing of refugees and IDPs. It also has a mandate to help stateless people.
In almost seven decades, the agency has helped tens of millions of people restart their lives. Today, with more than 17,300 women and men working in 135 countries, we work tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of 79.5 million forcibly displaced people and stateless individuals worldwide.To help and protect some of the world’s most vulnerable people in so many places and types of environment, UNHCR must purchase goods and services worldwide.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for the Establishment of a Frame Agreement for the maintenance and Supply of Fire Safety Equipment
Scope of Work
The scope of work will entail support on Portable Fire Extinguishers, Trolley Fire Extinguishers, Fire Alarm System and Smoke Detectors as outlined below:
- The repair, servicing and maintenance of fire extinguishers but not limited to the underlisted type:
- CO2 Fire Extinguishers - 15kg, 5kg, 3kg and 2kg.
- Form Fire Extinguishers - 25kg and 9kg.
- ABC Powder Fire Extinguishers 50kg, 9kg, 2kg and 6kg.
- DCP Fire Extinguishers 9kg.
- The collecting and delivery of fire extinguishers scheduled for maintenance and or repairs.
- The servicing of the fire extinguishers shall be as per current and updated Nigeria Fire Service and safety standards.
- Any servicing, maintenance or refurbishment shall be performed at UNHCR premises or the Vendor’s premises with the permission of UNHCR Field Security Unit and Supply Unit when the need arises.
- The Vendor will perform pressure testing on Fire Extinguishers.
- The Vendor shall recharge the fire extinguishers as-and-when required.
- The Vendor will refurbish the fire extinguishers as-and-when required and in line with current and updated Nigeria fire safety standard.
- The Vendor must note that refurbishment of equipment includes the supply and installation of spares.
- The Vendor shall issue pressure test certificates to UNHCR for serviced fire extinguishers within 7 days from the date of collection.
- The Vendor should note that any equipment determined to be beyond economical repair must be returned to UNHCR within 14 days from date of collection.
- The Vendor is required to provide all spares necessary to perform quarterly maintenance service on fire extinguishers, alarm system and smoke detectors as required from time-to time.
- Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Tax Clearance Certificate for 2018, 2019, 2020.
- Fire Service Registration Certificate issued by competent authority. Bidder confirms the acceptance of the following in writing and will be required to strictly adhere to; for the purpose of the proposed contract;
- Annex D: General Conditions of Contracts for the provision of Goods and Services -2018
- Annex E: Supplier's Code of conduct
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The offers must bear your official letter head, clearly identifying your company, with stamp date and signature. Bids should be submitted by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and all attachments should be in PDF format. (Copies of the PDF format documents may, as an addition, be included in Excel or other formats etc.).
N/B: The Technical and Financial offers shall be clearly separated and attached via an email as two separate attachment and named as financial and technical offers.
- Any bid received after this date or sent to another UNHCR address may be rejected. UNHCR may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for the submission of bids, by notifying all prospective bidders simultaneously.
- It is your responsibility to verify that all e-mails have been received properly before the deadline. Please know the e-mail policy employed by UNHCR limits the size of attachments to a maximum not up to 15 Mb so it may be necessary to send more than one e-mail for the whole submission.
- Please indicate in e-mail subject field:
- Bid RFP/NIG/ABJ/SUP/10/2021
- Name of your firm with the title of the attachment
- Number of e-mails that are sent (example: 1/3, 2/3, 3/4).
- For example: RFP/NIG/ABJ/SUP/10/2021 Company ABC (email 1 of 3)
- UNHCR will not be responsible for locating or securing any information that is not identified in the bid. Accordingly, to ensure that enough information is available, the bidder shall furnish, as part of the bid, any descriptive material such as extracts, descriptions, and other necessary information it deems would enhance the comprehension of its offer.
- UNHCR reserves the right to accept the whole or part of your bid or allow split or partial awards on this project.
- UNHCR may at its discretion increase or decrease the proposed content when awarding the contract and would not expect a significant variation of the rate submitted. Any such increase or decrease in the contract duration would be negotiated with the successful bidder as part of the finalization of the Purchase Orders for Services.
- UNHCR may, at its discretion, extend the deadline for the submission of bids, by notifying all prospective suppliers in writing. The extension of the deadline may accompany a modification of the solicitation documents prepared by UNHCR at its own initiative or in response to a clarification requested by a prospective supplier.
- Please note that UNHCR is not bound to select any of the firms submitting bids and does not bind itself in any way to select the firm offering the lowest price. Furthermore, the contract will be awarded to the bid considered most responsive to the needs, as well as conforming to UNHCR’s general principles, including economy and efficiency and best value for money.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here