Mercy Corps Nigeria invites eligible and interested firms/service providers to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for Car Hire Services
Mercy Corps, an International Non-Governmental Humanitarian Organization is pleased to invite your Company to submit bids for Car Hire Services (fix Contracts) in Biu Local Government, Borno State, Northeast - Nigeria. Mercy Corps chooses to hold competitive process for the selection of companies/contractors who will implement our requirements. We believe that competitive bids are the only way to fairly select the best company for the job while ensuring good prices and preventing collaboration and corruption.
Due to the rapid increase in the needs of program teams in Nigeria, Mercy Corps through its funding from different donors have seen the need to engage firms to provide car hire services for Mercy Corps Nigeria. The service provider will service all our Vehicle hire needs as well as provide same services in all locations were Mercy Corp office is present as specified in this scope of work.
Scope of Work
- Saloon Car
- 5-Seater Bus
- 4X4 SUV Car
- 10-Seater Bus
The service provider is obligated to:
- Establish a line of credit for Mercy Corps for car hire service.
- Issue a monthly invoice within every month and the vehicle movement log properly filled detailing each service used and signed off by staff that was serviced to the authorized personnel.
- Establish 24 hours service every day, Monday to Sunday.
- Ensure that all seats in the vehicle have functional seatbelts including the back seat.
- Ensure all the vehicle tools are in place including fire extinguisher.
- Not to charge more than the amount for service as at agreed by both parties.
- Ensure that the vehicles air conditioners are functioning effectively.
- Ensure that the vehicles are in good condition always.
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
- Must be registered in Nigeria with evidence of registration attached
- Must have a recognized bank account (Mercy Corps will make all payments through bank transfers)
- Business Location
- Must have a Tax Identification Number (TIN) with evidence of registration with FIRS attached
- Note that Mercy Corps in Nigeria deduct withholding tax in accordance with government regulations.
Application Closing Date
5:30pm, 15th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed and full bidding document with attachments should be put in a sealed envelope to Mercy Corps Office in Biu, Nigeria located at:
Behind BOSADP Office,
Tse-Tse, Adjacent PS House,
Biu - Borno State.
Note: Envelopes or emails should be marked "NIG/BIU/TEN12 - Car Hire Services for Southern Borno, Nigeria".
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of 90 days from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any offeror will be issued to that offeror. In some cases, Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all offerors. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of bids. Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject any and all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this ITB, please Click Here