Mercy Corps Nigeria invites interested contractors to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for Rehabilitation and Upgrade of Water Scheme, Solarization, Reticulation, Construction of Water Standpipes, Water Treatment Facilities, Repair of Generator Room, Perimeter Fencing at Kellori Geidam LGA of Yobe State
The Small-Town Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (STWASH) Activity is a five-year, initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), covering the states of Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno in Northeast Nigeria. The Activity is to support the sustainable improvements in access to basic water and sanitation that are necessary to facilitate ongoing recovery, peacebuilding, and economic development across the region.
The goal of the program is to facilitate the economic recovery of some crisis-affected communities and bolster the capacity of the state governments in providing essential WASH services and creating and sustaining enabling environments for Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies (STWSSAs) and Water Consumers Associations (WCAs) to operate effectively. The program has two broad components; expanded access to water and for sanitation facilities and strengthening capacity for small town water governance.
- To rehabilitate, upgrade and construct identified water sources facilities in selected small towns including public institutions such as schools, health centers, markets and motor parks.
- To procure water supply appurtenances including solar pumps, panels, pipes etc.; and
- To install water production and distribution systems including pumps with solar installations, ground/ surface reservoirs, overhead tanks, pipeline reticulation, bulk and services meters, water treatment and potable water dispensers.
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
- A copy of business registration document (CAC)
- A copy of tax certificate and/or Tax Clearance
- A copy of signed and stamped offer sheet
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 19th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed documents and proposals should be clearly marked "NIG/DTR/TEN003: ‘Rehabilitation and Upgrade of Water Scheme, Solarization, Reticulation, Construction of Water Standpipes, Water Treatment Facilities, Repair of Generator Room, Perimeter Fencing at Kellori Geidam LGA of Yobe State" should be addressed and delivered to:
Mercy Corps Office,
Plot 109 - 112,
Barewa Street, GRA,
Damaturu - Yobe State.
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit, or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of [180 days] from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any offeror will be issued to that offeror. In some cases, Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all offerors. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract, nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of bids. Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this ITB, please Click Here