Mercy Corps Nigeria invites experienced and reputable contractors to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Construction of (3) Pour Flush Toilet at Lailai Shawo, Anguwar Salisu and Firi in Potiskum LGA Yobe State
The Small-Town Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (STWASH) Activity is a five-year, initiative funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), covering the states of Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno in Northeast Nigeria. The Activity is to support the sustainable improvements in access to basic water and sanitation that are necessary to facilitate ongoing recovery, peacebuilding, and economic development across the region.
The goal of the program is to facilitate the economic recovery of some crisis-affected communities and bolster the capacity of the state governments in providing essential WASH services and creating and sustaining enabling environments for Small Towns Water Supply and Sanitation Agencies (STWSSAs) and Water Consumers Associations (WCAs) to operate effectively.
The specific objectives of this component assignment include the following:
- To construct toilets and handwashing facilities in public institutions (schools, health centers, markets, and motor park
- To connect toilet facilities with potable water from ST WASH water facilities
- To develop manual for management of sanitation facilities in the various public institutions.
In consultation with USAID Small Town WASH Team (WASH Engineer), Agencies responsible for Small Town WASH services in BAY States, Water Consumer Associations, identified CSOs and other key stakeholders in communities and public institutions in selected small towns, the contractor will carry out the following tasks:
- Initial meeting with key stakeholders including ST WASH, State government representative, the commissioner and permanent secretary of State ministry of water resources, LGA chairperson and WASH desk officer, chairperson, and secretary of WCA, beneficiaries and private operators.
- Mobilization of equipment and personnel to site from contractor’s base office.
- Procurement of sanitation and hygiene construction materials.
- Conduct construction of sanitation and hygiene facilities and install appropriate water connections to the toilets.
- Any other tasks as may be required by the ST WASH Team and/ or recommended by the contractor as guided by design specifications.
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they:
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti-Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 19th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed and full bidding document with attachments should be put in a sealed envelope clearly marked "NIG/DTR/TEN006: ‘Construction of (3) Pour Flush Toilet Lailai Shawo, Anguwar Salisu and Firi in Potiskum LGA Yobe State" to:
Mercy Corps Office,
Plot 109 - 112,
Barewa Street, GRA,
Damaturu - Yobe State.
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit, or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of [180 days] from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract, nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of bids. Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject any and all offers, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this ITB, please Click Here