Oxfam International invites interested consultancy firms to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Oxfam is a British founded confederation of 20 independent charitable organizations focusing on the alleviation of global poverty, founded in 1942 and led by Oxfam International. It is a major nonprofit group with an extensive collection of operations.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal - Consultancy Service for Political Economic Analysis (PEA) and System Strengthening Needs Assessments in Kebbi and Adamawa State, Nigeria
This new OSAID funded project seeks to facilitate scale up of best practices for "impact at scale" in Kebbi and Adamawa States. The project is working to reinforce the pillars of resilience building, enterprise development, market systems strengthening, and responsible governance building on work of an earlier EU-PROACT Project that ended August 2021.
Specific Project Objectives:
- Deepening financial inclusion system that supports inclusive rural economic development.
- Strengthening commodity market systems that works for the benefits of the rural poor.
- Stimulate; grassroots movement of active citizens for the promotion of accountable and responsible governance systems.
The main objective is to strategically conduct a context specific political economic analysis and a brief needs assessment of the State system strengthening needs in Kebbi and Adamawa States.
Other key objectives include:
- Provide a summary of stakeholders’analysis regarding the project specific objectives
- Identifying risk and mitigation strategies associated with the project specific objectives in promoting accountable governance and inclusive market system in a sustainable manner.
- Provide economic realities and potentials of each of the states that would be used during advocacies for the project aim; to different stakeholders within the government
- Support the project to identifying its engagements strength as an outcome of the PEA, while signalling the socio-political factors that could hinder implementation.
Expected Deliverable's and Outputs
The Deliverable from this exercise includes:
- A detailed non-ambiguous and easy to; read Political Economic Analysis report, which should include state-specific power and stakeholders’analysis;and Risk and mitigation strategies associated with the project implementation.
- A brief evident summary of the State system strengthening needs assessments report.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
Interested candidates should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following qualifications, functional skills, and competencies:
- First degree and/or Advanced degree/MSc degree in Development Studies, Policy and strategic studies, Local Government administrative systems, public policy management and other related fields
- Expertise and experience in conducing political economic analysis at the National and sub-national level in Nigeria
- Good understanding of the socio-economic and socio-political context in Kebbi and Adamawa State, Nigeria.
- Ability to identify, work and interact with all relevant stakeholders in both States.
- Ability to provide policy advice and recommendations especially within the Nigerian context.
- Experience in designing practical, sector-specific PEA templates and tools.
- In-depth knowledge on development issues in Nigeria and personal commitment and drive for development research.
- Excellent analytical aptitude, oral communication,and virtual presentation skills.
- Evidence of excellent report writing skills, strong descriptive analytical skills,and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings
- Proven track record of maintaining strong professional partnerships and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to interact with host government, partners and/or others as requested by Oxfam
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 5th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All applications should be submitted in a single (1) pdf document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are advised to use: https://combinepdf.com/
if acrobat abode pdf is not available to them to combine different documents into a single file.
Interested and qualified consultants are expected to:
- Submit a one-page expression of interest, including a technical and financial proposal, specifying their PEA approach and methodologies.
- Filled and completed “Request for Quotation” form with proper withholding tax deduction.
- Recent professional CV highlighting previous experiences relevant to the application.
- A detailed 20-day work plan and timeline (that considers work in both States).
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here