Creative Associate International invites qualified and interested consultants to tender RFP documents for the following works:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C.
Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal for Annual Survey
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA).
The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment Fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains.
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives.
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to 1) increase access of working capital with financial actors, 2) prevent and mitigate job losses, and 3) help respond to local and regional supply chain disruptions and shortages of critical medical supplies and services as well as for agricultural inputs and food staples.
In collaboration with The Trade Hub, the subcontractor will:
- Design a research plan that includes sampling methodology to collect responses from a representative sample of smallholders from the seven target states.
- Prepare a Field Procedure Plan, to include an approach to quality control for all aspects of work.
- Conduct training of enumerators and field supervisors for the survey.
- Conduct survey over a one-month period to compile responses as per final questionnaire.
- Produce training manuals for Enumerators.
- Using the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS), produce an electronic database housing data from respondents for analysis.
- Write a final report.
- The Team Leader should be well qualified in sociology/rural development, agriculture, economics statistics, and survey techniques.
- She/he will have at least 10 years’ experience in survey fieldwork (data collection, validation, entry, and analysis) and experience in leading teams in field (training, field logistics, human relations, teamwork). Experience in survey planning methodologies, participatory evaluation, community-based approaches, developing and evaluating integrated food security and development programs
- Relevant Contextual experience of carrying out related studies in targeted locations and value chains.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, including ability to effectively communicate across cultures
- Experience and ability in the provision of technical support in Agricultural, marketing, and economic growth
- She/he will be someone with proven experience in participatory evaluation, household, and community-based approaches, developing and evaluating integrated food security and development programs.
- She/he must have experience working in teams, preferably in a leadership position, and have a strong client orientation.
- Strong analytical skills and sociological focus; knowledge, understanding and practical implementation of survey methods and the team leader should have significant experience in working on social assessments and conducting Key Informant Interviews as well as designing qualitative assessments.
- She/he will have broad understanding of food security and have skills in measuring and assessing the effectiveness of rural production and marketing systems as well as international trade and investment.
- Experience in survey planning and directing is necessary while understanding of local government structure in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- General grasp and understanding of key gender concepts, terminologies in long term development and empowerment programs.
- Good English language skills are essential.
Application Closing Date
19th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Proposals must be comprised of one electronic copy of the Technical Proposal and one electronic copy of the Cost/Business proposal, sent in separate e-mails, and labeled with the above-stated subject, subproject number and title. Submissions shall be delivered to: Bids@Creativedc.com
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here