The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested and qualified consulting firms to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal - Engagement of Programming Specialist for NHLMIS
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: IT Specialist on NHLMIS.
The Nigeria Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) funded by the Global Fund through the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) under the Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH) Grant is modeled to ensure continued availability of health products at the last mile through total visibility for accountability and control across the HIV, Malaria, and TB space in Nigeria.
NPSCMP as sub-recipient is responsible for implementing the Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSM) component of the RSSH Grant for which NACA is the Principal Recipient. The aim is to achieve set goals and objectives in a sustainable manner. This also includes gaining the right manpower support for the NPSCMP. We therefore seek the services of competent individual consultants for this task.
Main Purpose of Job
- The NHLMIS Programming Specialist, brings programming capabilities and is designed to support the upgrade of the national NHLMIS database to meet stakeholder expectations as well as leading NHLMIS database maintenance and support within NPSCMP.
- This position will lead the designs of any customized databases and soft wares to serve the interest of stakeholders, as may be required by FMoH (NPSCMP).
- Influence the delivery of a robust NHLMIS software
- Work with stakeholders on the development and roll out of the LMIS tools
- Will lead the design and execution of capacity and skill transfer schemes for stakeholders.
- To provide technical expertise in the development of LMIS related products.
- Support the resolution of all issues arising from the use of NHLMIS across the 36+1 States and National stakeholders.
- Support stakeholders during reporting periods.
- Lead the development of upgrades of the commodity supply chain management database platform.
- Support and review the work of consultants working on project-supported health informatics deliverables including but not limited development of interoperability systems and user-friendly interactive data use products.
- Support the development of guidance documents, training manuals, and SOPs.
- Support the achievement of interoperability of multiple in-country database platforms.
- Support the design, development and execution of capacity transfer systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc./HND in computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any other degree with demonstrable expertise on the subject matter.
- Minimum of 3 years designing and deploying diverse database and software systems
- Minimum of 18 months experience on database platforms in-country including but not limited to NHLMIS.
- Minimum of 3 years working with RDBMS in particular MySQL and T-SQL.
- Minimum of 18 months experience working with logistics data and tools specifically for TB, HIV and Malaria programs at the National level
- Experience managing user requirements from multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with development of mobile applications
- Experience designing, developing, executing and or supporting interoperability between databases (eg DHIS2 and other database platforms).
- Experience developing interactive data use products
- Experience designing and executing capacity transfer schemes/exercises.
- Strong experience with Power BI or advanced excel, is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 16th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, clearly marked at the topmost right corner “ IT Specialist for NHLMIS ” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope and submitted to the:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 108,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4 - Abuja (FCT).
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.