The Federal Ministry of Water Resources invites eligible GBV consulting firms [Consultants) to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources invites applications for the following:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for Consulting Services (Firm Selection)
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) is currently implementing the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project with a credit received from the International Development Association (IDA) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The TRIMING Project Development Objective is to improve access to irrigation and drainage services and to strengthen institutional arrangements for integrated water resources management and agriculture service delivery in selected large-scale public schemes in Northern Nigeria.
The Federal Ministry of Water Resources through its Project Management Unit (PMU) of the Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMING) Project now invites eligible GBV consulting firms [Consultants) to indicate their interest in providing the Service.
The Objective of the Assignment:
- The main objective for the consultancy is to support the Safeguards unit in the implementation of developed GBV action plan for the TRIMING project.
Scope of Service
The scope of the services would include, but not limited to:
- Training and technical assistance of service providers and other stakeholder
- Development of Gender Based Violence Grievance Redress Mechanism
- Community sensitization's on Gender Based Violence/Sexual Exploitation and Abuse/Sexual Harassment and GRM in TRIMING intervention states and neighboring communities as stated in the Terms of Reference (TR).
N/B: This assignment will be commencing immediately after contract signing and will be for a duration of eighteen (18) months.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Service. Firms should also submit their company profile detailing relevant experience on Gender Based Violence (GBV), Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), Sexual Harassment (SH), and Violence against Children (VAC) carried out in the last seven (7) years with verifiable evidence, related letters of award, and completion certificates as well as other supporting documents.
The short-listing criteria are:
- Firms must have experience on mapping GBV service providers and development of a proactive response plan in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- At least 8 years of proven experience working as a training institution on Gender Based Violence.
- Proven experience of local presence in the project areas.
- Proven linkage with other organizations (CBO, NGOs, international organizations) working with GBV/SEA.
- Ability to provide competent key experts.
Application Closing Date
14:00 hours, 19th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
A hard copy or electronic copy by email of the Expression of Interest must be delivered to the:
National Project Coordinator,
Transforming Irrigation Management in Nigeria (TRIMMING) Project,
Federal Ministry of Water Resources,
Plot 1402, Abba Kyari Street,
Off Adesoji Aderemi Street,
Apo - (FCT), Abuja.
Tel+2348038391469 , +2348052048706
Interested consultants may obtain further information from the address above during office hours 08:00 and 17:00 (Local time Monday to Friday) and/or send an email to the National Project Coordinator at address "email@example.com
- Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the COS method set out in the Consultant Guidelines
- The attention of Interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and employment of consultants (under IBRD loans and IDA Credit and Grants) by World Bank borrowers, January 2011 and revised in July 2014 (Consultants Guidelines) setting forth the World Bank Policy on Conflict of Interest.
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.triming.org