The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSTIF) invites experienced and competent Contractors and Consultants to indicate interest by submitting tender and EOI documents for the following works:
The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSTIF) is a proactive and employee dedicated government institution committed to the welfare of employees in the event of work related accidents and injuries.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Procurement of Goods, Works and Services for the Fund, Fund Wise for the 2021 Financial Year Projects
The Federal Government of Nigeria has provided funds in the 2021 Appropriation Act to the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) an Agency of the Federal Ministry of Labour and productivity for the execution of policies, programmes and projects aimed at achieving its mandate. The Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) is desirous in procuring goods, works and services from reputable contractors and consultants
Over the past fifty years, the NSITF has evolved from a Provident Fund Scheme to a Social Insurance Scheme and, is currently implementing the Employees' Compensation Scheme as provided for under the Employees' Compensation Act (ECA2010). Under the provision of the NSITF Act, 1993 all employers of Labour in the Private Sector registered under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 1990, either as companies or partnerships, irrespective of the number of their employees or were sole businesses with a workforce of not less than five (5) employees, were required to register as members of the NSITF Scheme and remit their contributions monthly. In addition, the Fund, under Section 71 of the Pension Reform Act, 2004, is to provide every contributing citizen Social Security Insurance Services other than Pension in accordance with the NSITF Act, 1993". The Fund has commenced the process of putting in place the necessary infrastructure to implement Social Security Benefit to the aged, unemployed, child welfare and the physically challenged.
To this end, experienced and competent Contractors and Consultants are invited to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for the services and their technical and financial bids for the under-listed projects.
Scope of Goods, Works and Services Fund-Wise
Lot / Project Title
Goods - Fund Wise:
- G1 / Provision of Stationery
- G2 / Provision of Office Equipment
- G3 / Supply and Installation of Solar Generating Plant
- G4 / Supply of ICT Accessories
- G5 / Provision of Office Consumables
- G6 / Supply of Generators
- G7 / Supply of Computer
- G8 / Supply of Inverters
- G9 / Supply of Fireproof Safes
- G10 / Supply and Assembly of Office Furniture
- W1 / Construction of Prototype Office Building Fund-Wide
- W2 / Renovation of NSITF buildings fund-wide
Services (Expression of Interest EOI):
- S1 / Training's fund-wide
- S2 / Awareness Creation for Employers and Protective Employers fund-wide
- S3 / Occupational Safety and Health Awareness Creation fund-wide
Interested and competent Contractors and Consultants who wish to participate in the bidding process are expected to possess the under-listed as minimum requirements and should be arranged in the same order:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That the director(s) has/have never been convicted by any court of law,
- That none of company's director or the company is bankrupt
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019 & 2020.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects .
- Works: List of Plants Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs).
- Electricity Jobs: Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA).
- Evidence of current registration/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- Services: Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies).
- For Joint Venture/Partnership. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner.
- Bidders are required to provide a verifiable statement on the local content of the goods, works or services to be provided.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date (EOI)
12:00 noon Monday, 22nd November, 2021.
Application Closing Date (Goods and Services)
12:00 noon Tuesday, 14th December, 2021.
Opening of EOI and Technical Bids
Expression of Interest shall be opened immediately after the deadline of submission 12:00 noon, Monday November 22, 2021 at the SGF's conference room, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase 1, Ground floor, Abuja.
The Technical bids shall be opened immediately after the deadline of submission at 12:00 noon Tuesday December 14, 2021 at the SGF conference room, Federal Secretariat Complex, Phase 1, Ground floor, Abuja.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Procurement Office on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the NSITF's Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria. For Consultancy Services, no fee is paid at this stage until after shortlisting.
N/B: Bidders should not bid for more than two (2)Lots in the entire bidding process.
Submission of Bid Documents
The Technical and Financial bids shall be prepared in Two (2) hard copies and One (1) Electronic copy (Non re-writable compact disk/DVD in two different sealed envelopes and labelled "Technical" and "Financial" respectively and enclosed in a third envelope on which is also indicated the Project Name and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Phase 1 P.M.B. 14,
Garki - (FCT) Abuja.
- The Bid should be dropped in the bidding boxes located at the Office of the Director of Procurement at the of the Federal Ministry of Labour And Employment Abuja.
- All Technical and Financial Bid documents MUST be accompanied with duly signed submission company letter by the bidders.
- All bidding documents submitted shall be subjected to Due Diligence in accordance with the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007.
- Any bid submitted after this deadline and at the wrong venue will be rejected.
Submission of EOI Documents
As per above, except that the two hard copies of the EOI should be packaged in one envelope.
All enquiries should be directed to:
Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
Abuja - FCT.
- Failure to comply with the instruction(s) and or provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification.
- Original of all documents submitted above must produce for sighting at the opening and or any other time requested.
- Tender documents submitted late and at the wrong venue shall be returned un-opened
- All submissions must be in English language.
- All documents should be signed where applicable.
- NSITF reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claim(s) made on the tender documents submitted by companies.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti=Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post(Courier Services).
- Goods & Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- The NSITF reserves the right to cancel the procurement proceedings in the public interest without incurring any liability to the bidders whatsoever.
- Bidders who have worked for the FUND and have a history of poor performance, abandonment or prolonged contract execution period need not apply.
- All submission pages must be duly initialed by relevant staff of the company.