Obafemi Awolowo University invites interested contractors/vendors to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Obafemi Awolowo University is a federal government owned university located in the ancient city of Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender
The Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State is desirous of procuring Supply of Water Treatment chemicals for the use of its Waterworks.
Scope of Work
Lot No. / Description:
- R1 / Aluminum Sulphates
- R2 / HTH Chlorine and Hydrated Lime
- Prospective bidders are required to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1 or CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of Company Income’s Tax clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021; with minimum average annual turnover of N5 million.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder’s annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That no Director of the Company has been convicted of financial fraud in any country;
- That the Company is not bankrupt, in receivership or under liquidation or involved in any litigation which can potentially affect the company’s ability to effectively discharge their responsibility if engaged.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3)years -2018,2019 & 2020.
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company’s Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR& Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm’s Letter head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
10:00am Monday, 6th December, 2021.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 10:00a.m. on Monday, 6th December, 2021 in the Committee Room 05, of the University Hall, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Office of the Secretary, Tenders Board, Registrar’s Office, Floor 3, University Hall. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, as the University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
N/B: The University will deal only with authorised officers of the tendering companies and not through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
Collection of Tender Documents
interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Director of Works and Maintenance Services of the University between the hours of 8:30a.m and 4:00p.m. daily upon the presentation of the evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.0 per Lot, paid into the Obafemi Awolowo University, lie-Ife’s Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each Lot desired, hard copy each of the technical and financial bids, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked as "Internally Generated Revenue Project, Supply of Water Treatment Chemicals Lot xx" and addressed to the:
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile-Ife - Osun State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the Office of the Secretary, ‘renders Board, Registrar’s Office, Floor 3, University Hall, Obafemi Awolowo University, lie-Ife.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline, for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than one(s) Lot.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services).
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned unopened.
- The OAU, Ile-Ife is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section as of the Public Procurement Act. 2007.