The Federal Ministry of Environment invites competent and interested contractors to tender pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Environment invites applications for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction of Water Schemes in Ogoni Land - Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP)
In line with its mandates to implement various recommendations of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Report on Environmental Assessment of Ogoni land, the Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project (HYPREP) of the Federal Ministry of Environment has intended to provide potable water supply in Ogoni land. To complement the Six (6) water works already being Rehabilitated/Constructed, HYPREP has, therefore, made adequate provision in its 2021 Budget to construct additional twelve (12) Water Schemes in Ogoni land.
Scope of Works
The scope of the Water works will include construction of boreholes, ground and Overhead Water Tanks with ancillary facilities, Provision of water treatment plants, reticulation to designated areas and sustainable water management
Interested competent Companies are required to submit the underlisted documents/information to demonstrate the technical capacities to un-taken the water works satisfactorily:
- Company Data:
- Company name
- Business address (not P.O.Box)
- Name and phone number (must be capable of receiving text messages) of primary contact person.
- Email address
- Evidence of incorporation with ownership/share allotment details and names/nationality of Directors.
- Evidence of Current Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31 December 2021.
- Evidence of PENCOM compliant Certificate valid till 31'December 2021.
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31"December 2021.
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliant Certificate valid till 31 December 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) not expiring before 31" December 2021 or valid certificate issued by BPP
- Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant Committees of Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company attesting that the company is not in receivership or that none of the Directors is bankrupt, or has been convicted of any criminal Offence, and that all information presented in the bids are authentic.
- Company's audited accounts for the last three years (2018, 2019&2020), with minimum average annual turnover of NGN 100 Million.
- Evidence of at least 2 Similar Water Works executed in the last 5 Years, in terms of scope and complexity with letters of Awards, Valuation/completion certificates, project photographs, full authorized client contact information (name, e-mail & phone).
- Evidence of ownership of relevant equipment or lease agreement.
- Reference letter from a licensed reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project.
- Company's profile with complete curriculum vitae of key professional staff to be deployed on the project, detailing their experience and expertise relevant to the assignment, current contact information (telephone and email address) including copies of academic qualifications, professional registration certificates and current practice licenses (as applicable).
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Wednesday, 24 November, 2021.
Opening of Bids
All Bids will be opened immediately after the submission deadline at 12:00 noon, 24th November, 2021 at the Conference Room, Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, 8 Ken Saro-Wiwa Road (Formerly Stadium Road)Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria in the presence of Bidders or their representatives and independent observers.
Preparation of Pre-Qualification Documents
Bidders are required to prepare two (2) hard copies and One (1) soft copy of the Pre-Qualification Document, with the required information arranged in the order in which they appear in the Section above, with dividers to separate each set of documents, and with each sheet duly signed by an authorized representative of the Bidder and paginated. Completed Documents are to be enclosed and sealed in a plain Envelope marked "Pre-qualification for Construction of Water Scheme in Ogoni land", and name of the company, joint venture or consortium written on the reverse side, and addressed to:
The Project Coordinator,
Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project Louis House,
No. 350, Port Harcourt-Aba Expressway,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
N/B: All submissions must be in the English language and signed by an Official authorized by the company.
Submission of Bid Documents
Completed documents are to be delivered by hand or registered post and deposited at the designated tender box(es) at the Conference Room, Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, 8 Ken Saro Wiwa Road (Formerly Stadium Road), Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Bidders should ensure that they sign the Bid Submission Register as HYPREP will not be held liable for misplaced or inappropriate submission.
- All documents for submission are to be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter on the Company headed paper bearing among others, the registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) contact address, telephone number (preferably GSM) and email address. The headed paper should bear the names and nationality of the Directors of the company at the bottom page and be duly signed by the chief executive or other authorized Officer of the Company.
Clarification & Additional Information
Bidders requiring clarification and/or additional information on anything contained in this advertisement or on any matter regarding the preparation and submission of Pre-qualification documents, may direct such to the Project Coordinator (Attention: Head of Procurement), Hydrocarbon Pollution Remediation Project, through; Phone Number: +2348050879408, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Every request should however be in writing, and delivered by hand, registered post or email no later than 10 days before the close of bids on 24 November 2021.
- HYPREP will not be liable for any failure or disqualification arising from the provision of incorrect or illegible information/documents.
- Documents submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened.
- All costs related to the preparation and submission of document will be borne by Applicants; Pre-qualified bidders will be contacted later and issued instructions for collection of financial bids.
- HYPREP is not bound to shortlist any Bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liability in accordance with section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- HYPREP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by Bidders and shall disqualify any Bidder whose claims are found to be false.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of HYPREP to award the contract to any Bidder, nor shall it entitle any Bidder to make any claim of indemnity from HYPREP. All clarifications and additional information sought by bidders will be posted on HYPREP website www.hyprep.gov.ng along with the responses.