Mercy Corps Nigeria invites qualified and reputable consultant / firms to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians working together on the front lines of crisis, disaster, poverty, and climate change to create a world where everyone can prosper. Beyond delivering aid to meet urgent needs, we develop long-term solutions to make lasting change possible.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Engagement of Consultant for Training of Trainers (ToT) for Master Trainer on NAEC/GDLS Training Curriculum and Purchase of Training Kits
Mercy Corps is implementing a five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Feed the Future Nigeria Rural Resilience Activity (RRA) in Northeast Nigeria. RRA aims to sustainably move people out of chronic vulnerability and poverty. Feed the Future Nigeria Rural Resilience Activity will enable individuals and communities to engage in strong and sustainable market systems rather than continuing to rely on humanitarian assistance and faltering with each new shock.
On the demand side, RRA findings from MSA suggest that smallholder farmers and micro and small enterprises operating as individuals and in groups face multiple constraints which when effectively addressed, will lead to improved enterprise growth and competitiveness. Some of the constraints include limited business management skills, or financial documentation and limited abilities to keep record, poor leadership and governance structure, weak group cohesion, absence of strategic plan/focus for both individuals and groups, limited advocacy and conflict resolution skills; and low networking and collaboration capacity.
Scope of Work
The Master trainer (Consultant) will carry out the following job description:
- Phase 1: Development of appropriate training manuals, training kits and Training of Trainers (ToT):
- Develop and produce training manuals and kits for selected Local Service Providers (PSPs, CBOs, CSOs and BDSPs)
- Organize in-person Training of Trainers for selected Local Service Providers (PSPs, CBOs, CSOs and BDSPs) on the use of developed/adapted training manuals. Where appropriate, leverage digital technology to deploy training sessions, in addition to physical training.
- Phase 2: Organizational Capacity Assessment and development of integrated business model for Local Service Providers (PSPs, CBOs, CSOs and BDSPs) across Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Gombe States:
- Conduct rapid Organizational Capacity Assessment for a total of 12 Local Service Providers (PSPs, CBOs, CSOs and BDSPs).
- Support the selected LSPs in developing integrated and sustainable business models and plans
Suppliers may not apply, and will be rejected as ineligible, if they :
- Are not registered companies
- Are bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- Have been convicted of illegal/corrupt activities, and/or unprofessional conduct
- Have been guilty of grave professional misconduct
- Have not fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- Are guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- Are in violation of the policies outlined in Mercy Corps Anti Bribery or Anti Corruption Statement
- Supplier (or supplier’s principals) are on any list of sanctioned parties issued by; or are presently excluded or disqualified from participation in this transaction by: the United States Government or United Nations by the United States Government, the United Kingdom, the European Union, the United Nations, other national governments, or public international organizations.
- A copy of business registration document (CAC)
- A copy of tax certificate and/or Tax Clearance
- A copy of signed and stamped offer sheet
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 19th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Full bidding document with attachments in sealed envelope clearly marked "NIG/YOL/TEN19 - Engagement of Consultant for Training of Trainers (ToT) for Master trainer on NAEC/GDLS training curriculum and purchase of training kits" and delivered to:
Mercy Corps Office,
No 10A, Suntai Road,
Karewa Extension, Jimeta,
Yola - Adamawa State.
- All offers shall be made in accordance with these instructions, and all documents requested should be furnished, including any required (but not limited to) supplier-specific information, technical specifications, drawings, bill of quantities, and/or delivery schedule. If any requested document is not furnished, a reason should be given for its omission in an exception sheet.
- No respondent should add, omit or change any item, term or condition herein.
- If suppliers have any additional requests and conditions, these shall be stipulated in an exception sheet.
- Each offeror may make one response only.
- Each offer shall be valid for the period of [180 days] from its date of submission.
- All offers should indicate whether they include taxes, compulsory payments, levies and/or duties, including VAT, if applicable.
- Suppliers should ensure that financial offers are devoid of calculation errors. If errors are identified during the evaluation process, the unit price will prevail. If there is ambiguity on the unit price, the Selection Committee may decide to disqualify the offer.
- Any requests for clarifications regarding the project that are not addressed in written documents must be presented to Mercy Corps in writing. The answer to any question raised in writing by any offeror will be issued to that offeror. In some cases Mercy Corps may choose to issue clarifications to all offerors. It is a condition of this tender that no clarification shall be deemed to supersede, contradict, add to or detract from the conditions hereof, unless made in writing as an Addendum to Tender and signed by Mercy Corps or its designated representative.
- This Tender does not obligate Mercy Corps to execute a contract nor does it commit Mercy Corps to pay any costs incurred in the preparation and submission of proposals.
- Furthermore, Mercy Corps reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Mercy Corps.
For more clarifications on this ITB, please Click Here