Mercy Corps invites interested consultants to indicate interest by submitting RFQ documents for the following works:
Mercy Corps, an International Non-Governmental Humanitarian Organization that works in 40 countries around the world to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Mercy Corps is a global team of humanitarians, working together on the front lines of today’s biggest crises to create a future of possibility, where everyone can prosper.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation - Investment Workshop - Mercy Corps Ventures
Mercy Corps Ventures (MCV) invests in and fuels high-impact enterprises that increase the resilience of people and communities in frontier markets. Founded in 2016 as an independent arm of global development agency Mercy Corps, we’ve supported 30+ early-stage ventures to scale and raise over $100 million in follow-on capital. Our portfolio focuses on enterprises developing solutions to build climate resilience and increase financial inclusion, so those living in frontier markets can withstand disruption and plan for the future. Our thought leadership and strategic collaborations further catalyze the ecosystem towards smarter investments and targeted support.
MCV is proposing to partner with external consultants to host a three-day workshop offering investment readiness support to enterprises in order to prepare them for pitching to external investors.
Scope of Work
In partnership with MCV, the Consultant will coordinate the organization and hosting of a multi-part workshop to help female led tech start-ups in Francophone Africa enhance their readiness status and capacity to raise external capital. Although the Consultant will have agency to propose new ideas, we currently envisage that the workshop would include:
- Tips from investor(s) within the ecosystem about building the investor/entrepreneur relationship
- Coaching specific to female entrepreneurs, with suggestions of what to do/not to do
- 1:1 or small group pitch deck + live pitch support
- A final “pitch day” where start-ups can gain both feedback and possibly investment
- Investor + entrepreneur networking opportunities
Working with MCV, the Consultant will draw up an execution plan, put out a call for application, select 10 applicants, finalize the curriculum, select and coordinate facilitators and handle general event planning/logistics associated with hosting such an event online.
- Finalize selection criteria with MCV Team
- Prepare an execution plan for the workshop
- Prepare an impact measurement approach for the workshop, including identifying key objectives with the MCV team
- Finalize curriculum (see draft outline in Annex 1) in conjunction with the MCV team
- Organize a call for application
- Coordinate the selection of 10 start-ups to benefit from the workshop
- Coordinate the selection, recruitment, and onboarding of facilitators
- Identify and invite appropriate investors to the culminating pitch event for the entrepreneurs
- Handle general event planning/logistics associated with hosting the event online.
Standard Quotations formats are acceptable provided the following information is included:
- Name, address, telephone number and email address for the bidding firm.
- Financial bid in USD- of the applicable fees (tax inclusive).
- Examples of similar engagements undertaken previously, and the results achieved.
- The applications must include detailed CVs of the proposed team members for carrying out the assignment, and a quotation of the applicable fees (tax inclusive).
Required Qualifications and Experience of the Consultant:
Application Closing Date
- A duly registered firm with a minimum two years’ experience in entrepreneur support activities
- Team members contributing to the scope of work must possess a minimum 3 years of relevant work experience working with start-ups and providing support for early-stage businesses
- Demonstrated experience and network within the tech ecosystems of the target countries.
5:00pm, 16th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All quotations and submissions should be addressed and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more clarifications on this RFQ, please Click Here