The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) invites reputable consultancy firms to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE) was established in 2010, in response to the energy crisis faced by member states in the ECOWAS region. It is a specialized agency of ECOWAS mandated to promote the adoption of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies in the region.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Consultancy Services to Develop Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy
Objective of the Assignment
The objective of the assignment is to develop a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy, with the aim of providing a conducive and incident free environment for its staff, contractors and the general public.
Scope of Work
This policy is expected to cover the following:
- Controlling the health and safety risks at workplace.
- Involvement of staff on health, safety & environmental issues that affect them.
- Storing, using and disposal of equipment in a safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Making sure employees have relevant information and training on health, safety & environment policy.
- Procedure for regularly checking to ensure that working conditions are safe and healthy.
- How to regularly review this policy.
Qualification and Experience (Consultant’s Profile)
- Bachelor`s degree in business administration, engineering, public administration, occupational safety and health, or related field
- At least 4 years proven experience in policy development, strategic planning or other related fields
- Demonstrated experience working with government, regional or international organizations
- Prior experience in workplace safety and compliance programs.
- Excellent proven written and spoken English language proficiency. An advantage is a working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Working experience in the ECOWAS region and knowledge of the energy sector is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
15th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Applicants are requested to submit their proposals using the following email address only: email@example.com
clearly indicating in the subject: "Health, Safety Environmental Policy".