Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
Office of the Registrar
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka hereby invites bids for pres1 qualification from suitably qualified, competent, reputable and interested contractors for the under listed projects.
List of projects
(i) Electrical Works in the Faculty Building for Physical Sciences and Biosciences Wing A and Wing C.
(ii) Mechanical and Plumbing Works in the Faculty Building for Physical Sciences and Biosciences Wing A and Wing C.
(iii) Installation of 500KVA Generator for the Faculty Building for Management Sciences and the Environs.
(iv) Supply and Installation of Street Lights to the Senator Joy Emodi Road and the Science Village.
(v) Construction of the External Works and Landscaping to the Elmada Hostels.
(vi) Supply of Laboratory Furniture to the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences Agulu.
(vii) Construction of Plant House for the Faculty of Management Sciences and the Environs.
Prospective tenderers are required to submit their pre-qualification bids containing the under-listed documents/information in clearly marked and wax sealed envelopes to the office of the Registrar, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, within two (2) weeks of this publication i.e on or before 12.00 on Tuesday 16 October2012.
- Evidence of payment of Education Tax (for Limited Liability Companies only).
- Evidence of payment of non refundable deposit of N20,000 each for items (i) and (ii) N10,000.00 for items (v)and N7,000 each for the other items
- Certificate of registration/incorporation
- Current three years tax clearance certificate
- VAT registration certificate
- List of plant and equipment owned by the company and verifiable addresses of their locations.
- Details of verifiable experience of similar projects/evidence of timeous completion of projects of similar nature and magnitude.
- Resume of key professional staff to be involved in the work and evidence of registration with the relevant professional bodies.
- Current financial status of the Company.
- Evidence of remittance of pension contribution fund for staff of the Company from reputable Pension Funds Administrator (PFA) as provided in section 16 sub section 6(d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
Please note that only Contractors who have executed similar single projects of value in excess of N50,000,000.00 for items (i) and (ii) above; (ie in Electrical and Mechanical Works respectively) need to apply for them.
Submission of bids
Please also note that only Contractors that are found suitable and have been pre-qualified for each of the projects will be given the tender documents and invited for the competitive bidding for the award of contract for the project(s)
Closing date for the submission of the pie-qualifications bids is two (2) weeks from the date of this publication and the public opening follows immediately thereafter in the Council Chamber of the University on Tuesday 16 October 2012 by 1.00pm. The representatives of the bidders and interested members of the public are invited and encouraged to attend to witness the exercise.
Barr. C.C. Okeke