The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) invites reputable contractors, firms / companies to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), formerly the National Maritime Authority is responsible for regulations related to Nigerian shipping, maritime labor and coastal waters. The agency also undertakes inspections and provides search and rescue services.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), a Parastatal of the Federal Ministry of Transportation in compliance with the Public Procurement Act (PPA) 2007, invites reputable contractors/firms/ companies with proven records of accomplishment to express interest for the under listed Deep Blue Project Assets appropriated in the Agency's Budget.
Scope of Services
- Lot 1 / Provision of Insurance Cover for Special Mission Vessel 1 (SMV1) - DB Abuja
- Lot 2 / Provision of Insurance Cover for Special Mission Vessel 2 (SMV2) - DB Lagos
- Lot 3 / Provision of Insurance Cover for Multirole Light Armoured Vehicles
- Lot 4 / Provision of Insurance Cover for 2 No of Cessna Citation 13 (Aircraft) with Airborne Surveillance, Intelligence and Observation
- Lot 5 / Provision of Insurance Cover for 2 No of Augusta AW109 Grand New (Helicopters)
- Lot 6 / Provision of Insurance Cover for interceptor Boat
Prospective bidders are required to submit the following documents:
- Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Certified True Copy of Form CAC7 and CAC 2.1 or CAC 1.1. Business Name is also acceptable.
- Copy of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2018, 2019 and 2020) valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (applicable where number of staff is at least 15);
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (applicable where number of staff is at least 5 or at least N50M).
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of valid Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- A Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That none of the company's directors has been convicted in any law court for any criminal offence including fraud and financial impropriety.
- That the company is not in receivership, bankrupt or insolvent.
- Audited Accounts of the company for the last three years (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed/on-going within the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation/Job completion certificate etc.).
- Company's Profile with the signed Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualification.
- Underwriters and Brokers Firm shall include Valid Operating License from National Insurance Commission (NAICOM).
- Underwriters and Brokers firms shall include NAICOM's Approval for the Company's account for year 2020 (NAICOM.
- Underwriters shall include valid Reinsurance /Treaty cover; xv. Underwriters shall include evidence of Recapitalization from NAICOM.
- Brokers shall include evidence of membership of Nigerian council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCIRB).
- Brokers shall include valid Professional Indemnity.
- Period of Insurance/Cover is one (1) year or 365 days.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
11:00am Tuesday, 7th December, 2021.
Opening of Documents
The EOI shall be opened immediately after the submission deadline at 11:00a.m. on Tuesday, 7th December, 2021 at NIMASA Head Office No. 4 Burma Road, Apapa, Lagos.
Submission of Documents
EOI documents shall be clearly marked "Expression of Interest" stating the company name and the "Project Title" The EOI shall be submitted in duplicate to:
The Head Procurement,
Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency,
5th floor, No 4 Burma Road,
Apapa - Lagos State.
N/B: Submission on the last day shall be done at the BID OPENING Venue before the closing time. Late submission will be returned un-opened.
Enquiries regarding this advertisement should be directed to the Office of the Head Procurement, 5th Floor, The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), No.4 Burma Road, Apapa, Lagos, or through the following telephone numbers during official hours (9am - 5pm) only: 08153860922 & 08062691690.
- The document should be arranged in the order listed at 3. above and clearly separated by dividers.
- No Tender fee is required at this stage.
- Failure to submit all the required documents stated above shall lead to the disqualification of the EOI.
- No bidder should bid for more than two (2) lots.
- All CAC, PENCOM, ITF,NSITF and Tax Clearance Certificates submitted may be referred to Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), Industrial Training Fund (ITF), National Pension Commission and other relevant bodies for verification.
- This notice shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency to award any form of contract to any respondent or entitle any Company/Firm submitting documents to claim any indemnity from the Agency.
- Firms shall be responsible for all costs in preparation and submission of EOI.
- Firms are advised to read this solicitation carefully as failure to follow instructions may lead to rejection of EOI.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organization in the area of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Firms can submit through Post (Courier Services.
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- NIMASA is not bound to shortlist any form and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.