The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) invites qualified and interested company / supplier(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) for TB Key & Vulnerable Populations Epidemiology & Size Estimation Tool
Tuberculosis (TB) is the world’s deadliest infectious disease, surpassing both HIV and malaria in combined deaths and a global health security threat. According to the World Health Organization’s Global Tuberculosis Report 2019, last year alone, there were:
- 1.4 million deaths from TB;
- Nearly 10 million people fall ill with the disease; and
- Nearly 500,000 people are developing multi drug-resistant TB (MDR-TB).
Yet, progress to curb the TB epidemic remains stagnant. The number of individuals becoming ill with the disease each year has declined by only 1.5% annually over the past 15 years, a rate which is unacceptably slow for a preventable, treatable, and curable disease.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian, and development projects around the world. UNOPS provides project management, procurement, and infrastructure services to governments, donors, and UN organizations. The UNOPS Geneva office is hosting the Stop TB Partnership Secretariat as of 1 January 2015 providing a range of financial and administrative support services to various units of the organization.
The purpose of this RFQ is to identify a specialized company that can provide consultancy services to review, refine and finalize the methodology tool to undertake size estimations of various TB key and vulnerable populations.
The selected supplier will be responsible for the satisfactory implementation of the following activities:
- Contribute to the development of the work plan on how and what stage to engage different stakeholders in the process updating the size estimation guide
- Review “Data for Action for Tuberculosis Key, Vulnerable and Under-served Populations” and other relevant documents that are related to TB KVP size estimation
- Identify, analyze and recommend potential improvements and simplifications to parts of or full approaches/methods, or combination of approaches/methods to estimate the size of TB KVP, including the specific contexts the approaches/methods should be applied on
- Together with the project team leader, prepare and co-facilitate consultation with STP internal think tank to gather feedback for further improvement to the updated size estimation for TB KVP
- Draft update to relevant sections in “Data for Action for Tuberculosis Key, Vulnerable and Under-served Populations” - particularly the current Section 7 of the document
- Provide support in updating other sections in “Data for Action for Tuberculosis Key, Vulnerable and Under-served Populations” that is relevant to the newly updated size estimation guide.
The selected supplier will be responsible for the successful delivery of these expected outputs:
- One page summary report of internal STP think tank meeting
- One summary report of review on “Data for Action” document that include recommendations on potential improvements and simplifications to parts of or full approaches/methods, or combination of approaches/methods to estimate the size of TB KVP
- Draft of an update to relevant sections in “Data for Action for Tuberculosis Key, Vulnerable and Underserved Populations”
- Near-final draft to update relevant sections in “Data for Action for Tuberculosis Key, Vulnerable and Under served Populations” that take into account feedback and ideas of internal and external consultations.
The company’s corporate experience should be demonstrated through the submission of project references in Form D: Previous Experience Form of the Returnable Bidding Forms in order to demonstrate the minimum requirements below:
- The company will have a proven track record (a minimum of 5 years of corporate experience) in disease epidemiology including surveillance of diseases, review of approaches and response to infectious diseases and other scientific areas of work;
- The company will have a proven track record (a minimum of 3 years of corporate experience) engaging in relevant work and projects, possibly including 90-90-90 target indicators for HIV (or equivalent for other disease responses) in various country contexts;
- The company will have experience (a minimum of 3 years corporate experience) undertaking epidemiological work on size estimates and characteristics and future modelling for TB, HIV, or other relevant disease responses.
- The company will have expertise (a minimum of 3 years of corporate experience) in the provision of technical assistance.
Minimum specific experience and qualifications for the lead consultant:
- A PhD in epidemiology
- 10+ years epidemiological experience in HIV or TB high burden settings - particularly in Asia and Africa.
- Contributor to relevant peer-reviewed publications
- Extensive project management experience
- Experience partnering with academia and/or UN.
- Strong communication skills in English are required.
Application Closing Date
16:00, 24th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors must respond to this tender using the UNOPS e-Sourcing system, via the UNGM portal. In order to access the full UNOPS tender details, request clarifications on the tender, and submit a vendor response to a tender using the system, vendors need to be registered as a UNOPS vendor at the UNGM portal and be logged into UNGM.
For guidance on how to register on UNGM and submit responses to UNOPS tenders in the UNOPS eSourcing system, please refer to the user guide and other resources available at: https://esourcing.unops.org/#/Help/Guides
For more clarifications on this RFQ, please Click Here