Kwara State University, Malete invites interested, competent and reputable contractors / bidders to indicate interest by submitting sealed bidding documents for the following works:
Kwara State University, Malete also known as KWASU, is the 77th university to be registered by the Nigerian Universities Commission. It is the 95th university to be recognized in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids for the Proposed Years 2019 and 2021 Presidential Needs Assessment Intervention Projects
Kwara State University wishes to execute projects to produce high quality service delivery under conducive working environment for staff and students. The Kwara State University thus invites interested, competent and reputable contractors to tender for the under listed projects.
Scope of Work / Supply
Experienced and competent contractors/suppliers are invited to submit bids for the under listed projects. The scope of Work / Supply is as follows under the two NEEDS Assessment interventions:
- 2019 NEEDS Assessment Intervention Projects:
- Lot 1 - Procurement of Teaching and Research Laboratory Equipment for Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Pure and Applied Sciences.
- Lot 2 - Procurement of Furniture items for Lecture Halls for Faculties of Engineering & Technology, Pure and Applied Sciences, Education and Humanities, Management & Social Sciences
- 2021 NEEDS Assessment Intervention Projects:
- Lot 3 - Construction of Departmental Building for Medical Laboratory Sciences, Faculty of Pure & Applied Sciences.
- Lot 4 - Procurement of Office Furniture for Departmental Building for Medical Laboratory Science, Faculty of Pure & Applied Sciences.
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC 1.1. or CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021; with minimum average turnover of N100million for construction work while N 10 million for procurement.
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December 2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the (Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State) or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019, 2020.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of construction: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letterhead Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 9th January, 2022.
Opening of Bids
The technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon 9th January, 2022 in the Council Chamber of Kwara State University, Malete in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Registrar, Kwara State University (KWASU) Malete with the Secretary, Second floor, Administrative Building, KWASU, Malete. The University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Director, Works Department/Physical Planning Unit Kwara State University, Malete upon evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira Only) per Lot, paid into the Kwara State University Account as follows: Account Name: Kwara State University, Malete Bank Name: Access Bank Plc Account Number: 1432474230.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lots desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format. packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number and addressed to:
Office of the Registrar,
Kwara State University,
Malete - Kwara State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the office of the Registrar, Kwara State University, Malete.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Kwara State University, Malete is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.