The Solid Minerals Development Fund (SMDF) invites qualified and interested consultancy firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Solid Minerals Development Fund (SMDF) is a Government Fund located in Nigeria, Africa.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Provision of Project Management Services for an Agro-Mineral Development Project
The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the development of mining, and production, and agro-minerals for the fertilizer industry. A key factor in agricultural productivity is yield improvement, and one way of achieving this is using cheap and readily available fertilizers. The widespread occurrence and small-scale production or agro-minerals in Nigeria indicate the potential to meet demand and supply gaps and boost agricultural production. The Solid Minerals Development Fund and its partners plan to undertake the exploration, mining, and production of a critical agro-mineral for the local market and subsequent exports.
Overview of the Solid Minerals Development Fund
The Solid Minerals Development Fund ("SMDF or the "Fund" ) is a Government owned Fund established to drive investments in Nigeria's mining sector. The Fund was established in 2007 bhy the Federal Government of Nigeria through the 2007 Minerals and Mining Act.
SMDF is a unique government funding vehicle focused on driving critical interventions that maximize the recovery and impact of capital deployed.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will undertake all project development activities required to bring the Project to completion, including but not limited to:
- Manage and review the execution of all related project technical studies and developments
- Manage the EPC procurement and contracting process.
The above scope of work may include any other items related to Project Management required to deliver the Project.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The Consultant must be a single legal entity with all other necessary expertise secured via subcontract or joint venture arrangement. The SMDF will enter into a single contract to deliver the works set out in these Terms of Reference. The skills and experience required of the Consultant should include, among other things, knowledge concerning:
- Planning and execution of EPC contracts
- Planning and execution of integrated projects
- Planning and execution of mining and mineral processing projects
- Complex and international procurement processes
- Delivery of medium-large scale manufacturing processing projects
- Dealing with industry stakeholders and regulators
- The Assignment / Service shall be procured in accordance with the Bureau of Public Procurement Selection of Consulting Firms Complex Lump-Sum.
All respondents to this Expression of Interest are required to provide the following documents/ information in line with Section 16 (6) of the Public Procurement Act, 2007, as a basis for pre-qualification:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7, or Business Name where applicable.
- Evidence of Firm's Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in Case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Solid Minerals Development Fund or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any financial interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2018, 2019, 2020.
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria; indicating a willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the Project when needed.
- Evidence of the Company's current practice license issued hy the relevant regulatory professional regulatory body(ies).
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the Project, including copies of their Academic, Professional qualifications; 1. Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years, including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner) Certificate of Incorporation and Tax applicable to foreign films.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon,7th December, 2021.
Opening of EOI
The EOI shall be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon (Nigerian Time) on 7 December 2021.
Submission of Expression of Interest
EOI/Pre-qualification documents, which must be prepared in English Language, and should be submitted in Seven (7) copies (one of which must be marked original copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Request for Expression of Interest for the Engagement of Consulting Firm to Provide Project Management Services for and Agro-Mineral Development Project".
EOI/Pre-qualification documents should be addressed and delivered to:
The Chief Procurement Officer,
Solid Minerals Development Fund,
16 Yedseram Street,
Maitama - (FCT) Abuja.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidder's/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the arras of Anti Corruption/Transparency, Bidders can submit through Post(Courier Services).
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
- The SMDF is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.