The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites standard and experienced firm(s) to indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Project Management Firm for Upgrading of 13 Warehouses Across the Country to Pharma-Grade Standards
The National Agency for the Control of AID is the Principal Recipient of the Global Fund Supported project - Resilient and Sustainable Systems for Health, RSSH. The agency is poised to strengthen the National health systems towards becoming more resilient and sustainable by ensuring the availability of quality health products to the last mile.
In line with the five-year National Health Product Supply Chain Strategic and Implementation Plan 2021-2025, the Agency in collaboration with the National Product Supply Chain Management Program (NPSCMP) is upgrading 13 warehouses across the country to pharma-grade standards. These warehouses are strategically located across the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Given the importance of this project to the country, the Global Fund and the several stakeholders in-country supply chain, the Agency is seeking:
- To engage the service of standard and experienced firm(s) in the subject matter to provide technical assistance, supervise, coordinate and certify the implementation of this project.
Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of the project management firm(s) at macro levels would include the following:
- Provide technical assistance to the agency and the NPSCMP in setting and validating standards for pharma-grade warehouses.
- Validates the bill of quantities.
- Provide technical support for the procurement process of engagement of the implementing firm.
- Monitors the entire process of the upgrade of the warehouses from engagement to commissioning.
- Enforce compliance with quality, standards and scope towards delivering 13 standard pharma-grade warehouses with set time and resources
- Escalate any non-conformance of materials’ quality and specifications and recommend and enforce corrective actions throughout the project implementation.
- Leads the agency and the stakeholders through periodic on-site monitoring and supervision of the warehouses, and risk mitigation measures
- Certifies or otherwise and present the completed warehouses for commissioning and use.
- Drafted term of reference/ Scope of Works or contract for the construction firms
- Work plan for the upgrade of the warehouse with timeline, milestones & indicators, and risk & mitigation approaches
- Review the pharma-grade warehouse standards developed by NPSCMP with clear expectations
- Working bill of quantities for each of the warehouses
- Ensure that accurate specifications/ standards of materials and tools to be utilized are adhered to. Drafted term of reference/ Scope of Works or contract for the construction firms.
- Submit monthly progress report to the Agency , NPSCMP and other stakeholders in-country for reports of non-conformance and corrective actions monthly
- Submit reports for routine joint supervisory visits.
- Certify completion of construction at various stages to facilitate payment
- Present 13 certified pharma-grade warehouses and end of project report
- Co-lead the commissioning and hand-over of the warehouses.
Required Functional Expertise
Any candidate firm must have experience and expertise in the following functional areas:
- Management of Civil construction of warehouses or similar solid structures/upgrades for Minimum of one project in the last 5 years.
- Evidence of stakeholder engagement.
- 5 years Minimum regional experience in industry (technical, economic, political and geographical)
- Project Management for at least 7 years.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Public/private sector Consultancy.
- Evidence of experience at least one large and complex project with limited constraint or time and resources.
In addition to the above, the firm(s) must possess the following
- The principal of such a firm must have 10-years cognate experience in project management with emphasis on civil engineering or related field. The principal must have a minimum of an MSc in civil engineering or any related field.
- Have a team of compliment staff with minimum of Bachelor’s Degree/HND in building construction; quantity surveying, architecture, engineering; electrical or mechanical engineering with a minimum of 3 years experience in the related field.
- The principal and the Firm must be registered with regulatory/ professional bodies for engineers, architects, builders and quantity surveyors.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Evidence of company registration (certificate of incorporation of the company) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020) valid till 31st December 2021.
- Copy of Company Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2018, 2019 and 2020).
- Evidence of PENCOM Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2021.
- Evidence of ITF Compliance Certificate expiring by December 2021.
- Evidence of NSITF Compliance certificate expiring by December 2021.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Agency for the Control of Aids or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- The minimum validity period of the Tender should be One Hundred and Twenty (120) Days.
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the contract by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company’s Profile.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years by showing copy of either Letters of Awards, or Job Completion Certificates or Contract Agreement.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company Letter Head Paper using the Tender Submission Sheet template in Form G-1 and bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferable GSM No.), and e-mail address, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm. An unsigned bid will be disqualified.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 3rd December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Prospective consulting firms are to submit three (3) hard copies according to the lot (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial bid.
Thereafter, the Tenderer shall enclose the original in one (1) envelope and all the copies of the Tender in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as "Technical" and "Financial".
The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope and delivered to:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be rejected.
- NACA reserves the right to evaluate and award per line item and in the event of exigency, NACA may vary the quantities/quality of the items during the time of evaluation, award and execution of contract with respect to this invitation to tender.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
- Prospective bidders can submit their documents as a Joint Venture with relevant documents provided in line with the requirements stated in the SBD.
For more clarification on this RFP, please Click Here