The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) invites interested and reputable consultancy firms / individuals to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We protect displaced people and support them as they build a new future. We started our relief efforts after World War Two. Today, we work in both new and protracted crises across 35 countries. We specialize in six areas: food security, education, shelter, legal assistance, camp management, and water, sanitation and hygiene.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for Consultancy Services
Scope of Work
NRC invites submissions from interested and qualified individuals to participate in the tender for the provision of consultancy service:
Consultancy for Evaluation of ISoLT - Supporting Social Inclusion and Local Governance in the areas most impacted by the Lake Chad Crisis - 60/NRC-NOT/NG/2021
- Evaluation Consultant Team:
- NRC seeks expressions of interest from both individual and firms for this assignment. Consultants must have:
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Humanitarian/Development Studies, Social Sciences, statistics or other fields related to the provision of humanitarian assistance in Education, Livelihoods and food security, Information Counselling and Legal Assistance, community development and humanitarian coordination;
- Good knowledge of data collection methods using tablets and CAPI systems, data analysis and presentation of results;
- Good knowledge of outcomes evaluation approaches especially quasi-experimental as well as participatory mixed methods;;
- Experience in planning, implementation, monitoring and especially in evaluation of programs in humanitarian settings;
- Good knowledge of community development mechanisms; gender and equity
- Good French and English communication, writing and synthesis skills
- Knowledge of local cultures and languages and social, economic and political background of Cameroon and Nigeria - the Lake Chad region is an asset. The composition of the team must be balanced to enable an exhaustive coverage of the various aspects of the evaluation set out in these terms of reference, including cross-cutting issues.
- Have the capacity to deliver result with COVID 19 context and restrictions.
Application Process and Requirements
The technical and financial proposals of up to 6 pages maximum (excluding annexes) should include the following:
- Proposed methodology, including a tentative workplan
- Composition of the evaluation team
- CV of the member(s) of the evaluation team including references
- Detailed budget of the offer (consultant(s) will cover the costs for local travel, food, accommodation, etc.)
- An extract (3-5 pages) from reports written for similar missions
- A cover letter with the following information: a description of how their skills, qualifications and experience are relevant to the requirements of the assignment, a list of previous evaluations that are relevant to the context and subject of this assignment, a statement confirming their availability to conduct the assignment and the budget (please indicate currency of amount), a statement confirming that the candidate has no previous involvement in the delivery of the project or any personal relationship with anyone engaged in it.
- Proof of registration (business registration documents and VAT or company tax registration (If the consultant is a sole-trade (self-employed) a confirmation of the status from a certified accountant or the tax authorities is mandatory.
Application Closing Date
17:00pm, 30th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All bids should be in accordance with the requirements. Complete bid documents should be sent by email to: email@example.com
- NRC reserves the right to refuse a bid at any time if the bidder or one of its sub-contractors provided material support or resources to any individual or entity that commits, attempts to commit, advocates, facilitates, or participates or is found guilty of fraud, active corruption, collusion, coercive practice, bribery, involvement in a criminal organization or illegal activity, or immoral human resources practices, including but not limited to: child labour, non-discrimination, freedom of association, payment of the legal national minimum wage, and forced labour.
- Bids submitted by a joint venture, consortium or association of two or more firms as partners will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances.
- Each Bidder shall submit only one Bid per contract. A Bidder who submits or participates in more than one bid per contract will cause all the bids with the Bidder’s participation to be rejected.
- The Bidder shall bear all costs associated with the preparation and submission of his Bid, and the Norwegian Refugee Council shall not be responsible or liable for those costs, regardless of the conduct or outcome of the bidding process.
- NRC is obliged to ensure that its procurement decisions are clearly justified and documented and keeping within the Donors mandatory principles. In that regard, full and on-the-spot access must be granted to representatives of NRC, the Donor or any organization or person mandated by it, to premises belonging to NRC or its contractors. The right to access shall include all documents and information necessary to assess, or audit the implementation of the contract
For more clarifications on this ITT, please Click Here