The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) invites qualified and interested institution's / consultancy(s) to indicate interest by submitting proposal documents for the following works:
The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for Programme Management Training
As part of a larger drive to enhance programme delivery and results for children, and aligned with the 2021 Nigeria Country Office (NCO) people management goal of achieving exponential personal and professional development (eP2D), the Nigeria Country Office (NCO) is rolling out a series of training's aimed at improving staff skills in program planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting. These training's come at a critical time when the country office is in the process of developing its next country program document for 2023-27. Such training's will ensure staff have the prerequisite knowledge and skills necessary for formulation of strategies and plans in line with UN and UNICEF programming policies and procedures.
The country office requires the service of a consultancy firm to lead in designing and delivering these training's. Training institutions are hereby invited to submit proposals that will include, among others, the training methodology, content to be delivered for each topic, tools to be used, approaches to make the training's engaging and the price proposal.
In addition to the training's for staff, the consultant should also develop a training manual that would summarize the key topics covered in the training's and serve as a reference for current and incoming staff.
Scope of Work
The consultancy is on delivering a training to UNICEF staff in Nigeria Country Office on programme management, covering program planning, budget management, partnerships collaboration, cross cutting programming strategies including gender and persons with disabilities, innovation and donor management; and how to draft attractive, engaging, and quality donor proposals and donor reports.
UNICEF has a rich repository of content on the proposed topics, including on its training page (Agora). The successful institution is therefore required to work with the Chief of Planning and other technical officers as required, during the development of the training manuals, to come up with the right content and practical examples.
- Inception report, presenting the training design and its implementation plan
- Training Manual for each module to be delivered, with proposed content outline and methodology for delivery.
- Delivery of the training's as planned and in accordance with the learning objectives.
- UNICEF Nigeria programming manual, which should include the core content delivered in the training's.
- Consultation time to address queries from participants post-training.
The Institution must possess at least 8 years of institutional experience in working on adult learning and training facilitation, including online. In addition, the Institution should demonstrate experience in design and facilitation of program management related trainings.
Team Leader Minimum Qualification:
- Advanced University Degree (Masters and above)
- At least ten years of experience in learning design
- In-depth knowledge of RBM, UNICEF program processes and tools including in planning, budget management, partnership management and resource mobilization
- Prior experience in UNICEF is an added asset.
- Knowledge of the development programming context
- Fluency in English
Application Closing Date
10:00am (Nigerian Time), 6th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All Proposals should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the RFP number used as email subject title "RFP 9171854".
Note that the technical proposal should be separated from the financial proposal.
- The contractor will work on its own computer(s) and use its own office resources and materials in the execution of this assignment. The contractor’s fee shall be inclusive of all office administrative costs, travel cost and COVID related expenses.
- UNICEF will cater for the training facility at all locations.
- Local travel and airport transfers (where applicable) will be covered in accordance with UNICEF’s rules and tariffs.
- Flight costs will be covered at economy class rate as per UNICEF policies.
- Please also see UNICEF’s Standard Terms and Conditions attached
Rights of UNICEF
UNICEF reserves the following rights:
- To accept any Proposal, in whole or in part; to reject any or all Proposals; or to cancel this solicitation process in its entirety;
- To verify any information contained in Proposer's response (and the Proposer will provide UNICEF with its reasonable cooperation with such verification);
- To invalidate any Proposal received from a Proposer that, in UNICEF's sole opinion has previously failed to perform satisfactorily or complete contracts on time, or UNICEF believes is not in a position to perform the contract;
- To invalidate any Proposal that, in UNICEF's sole opinion, fails to meet the requirements and instructions stated in this RFP's;
- To suspend negotiations or withdraw an award to a Proposer at any time up until a contract has been signed with such Proposer. UNICEF is not required to provide any justification, but will give notice prior to any such suspension of negotiations or withdrawal of award.
N/B: UNICEF is not liable to any Proposer for any costs, expense or loss incurred or suffered by such Proposer in connection with this RFP's or solicitation process, including, but not limited to, any costs, expense or loss incurred as result of UNICEF exercising any of its rights as stated above