The Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation invites interested and reputable Contractors and Suppliers with relevant experience and good track records of performance to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation invites applications for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for the Implementation of 2021 Capital Projects
The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated funds to the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation in the 2021 Appropriation Act for the execution of Policies, Programmes and Projects towards achieving the mandate of the Ministry.
Accordingly, the Ministry invites interested and reputable Contractors and Suppliers with relevant experience and good track records of performance to submit Technical and Financial documents necessary for the execution of the Project.
Scope of Work/Goods
Details of the scope of Works/Specifications are contained in the Bid Documents. Bidders are requested to submit their respective Technical & Financial documents for the project listed below:
- W1 / Construction of Booths for Technology and Innovation Expo FMSTI
The Ministry, in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and the Public Procurement Regulations for Works, Goods and Services will carry out short-listing of companies/consultants that respond to this advert based on the following requirements:
- Evidence of Certificate of incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including forms CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019, 2020) valid till December 31, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above.
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2021 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of Certificate of Compliance with Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) valid till December 31, 2021
- Evidence of Interim Registration on BPP National Data Base of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of interim Registration Report (IRR)valid till December 31, 2021 ora valid certificate issued by BPP
- Unabridged Company Audited Annual Reports & Accounts for the immediate past (3) years (2018, 2019, 2020).
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- A Sworn affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Science and Technology or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Bidder;
- And that no Partner/Director has been convicted in any Country for criminal offences related to fraudulent or corrupt practices or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's profile with Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as (COREN, ARCON, SURCON,QSRBN etc).
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs successfully executed in the last five (5) years, stating details of client, nature of work and including Letter of Award, Valuation Certificate, Job Completion Certificates, photographs of the projects to be attached.
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/Lease.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITE Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Firm/Company's Letterhead Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued to the company by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone number (Preferable GSM No) and a valid e-mail address. The letterhead Paper must bear the names and the nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Monday, 20th December, 2021.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon, Monday, 20 December, 2021; at the Federal Secretariat Phasell Block D Conference Room on 1"floor, while the financial bids will be kept un opened.
Bidders are to ensure they sign the Bid Submission Register at the Procurement Department of the Ministry as the Ministry would not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
A complete set of Standard Bidding Documents shall be collected by interested Bidders from the Procurement Department of the Ministry (FMSTI) at Phase II, Block 'D' Room 609, 6 Floor, Federal Secretariat Complex, Abuja between 9.00am - 4:00pm (Mondays - Fridays) except Public Holidays upon the presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only) for the Lot, paid into Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation's Treasury Single Account (TSA) Account Number at any commercial bank in Nigeria, after generating the necessary RRR on Remita Platform and obtain TREASURY Receipt for the lot.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for the Lot, two (2) hard copies each of technical and financial bids with soft copy financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid or Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelope in a bigger envelope clearly marked with the name Project and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry Science, Technology and Innovation,
Phase II, Block 'D' Federal Secretariat,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder, and drop in the designated Tender Box in the office of the Director (Procurement) in Room 609, 6" Floor, Phase II, Block 'D' Federal Secretariat, Abuja.
- All CAC, PENCOM and TAX clearance Certificates and other eligibility documents submitted may be referred to the Security Agencies, Corporate Affairs Commission, Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), National Pension Commission and other relevant bodies for verification in line with the provisions of the law.
- The Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation reserves the right to reject any or all the submissions that do not meet up with the requirements as specified.
- Bidders cannot bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All submissions must be made only in English Language.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation nor shall it entitle any bidder submitting documents to claim any indemnity from the ministry.
- All cost incurred in responding to this advertisement and prequalifying for the projects shall be borne solely by the Bidder.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency.
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post Courier Services.
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The Ministry is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.