The Government of Jigawa State invites competent and reputable companies to indicate interest by submitting tender and pre-qualification documents for the following works:
Jigawa State Government invites applications for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Invitation to Tender
The Government of Jigawa State through the Ministry of water Resources, hereby invites competent and reputable companies to submit Technical and Financial Bids for the construction of New solar water supply schemes and Improvement works in Dutse and its Environs.
Scope of Work
The scope of work shall comprise the following:
- Improvement of water works at Shuwarin Main Water Station, with boreholes,pumps and pipeline.
- Improvement of water works at Gidan Ihu water Station with boreholes,pumps & rehabilitation's.
- Improvement of water works at Shuwarin Sabuwa water Station with vertical boosters and pumps.
- Improvement of water works at Model Pump Water Station with boreholes,vertical boosters & pipeline transmission.
- Improvement of water works at Jigawar Tsada solar water Station with boreholes and pipeline extension.
- Improvement of water works at New Market Solar Water Station rehabilitation of booster room and 22.5m3 overhead tank.
- Proposed New Solar Water Scheme at Shuwarin Kudu with tank, borehole, solar package and pipeline.
- Proposed New Solar Water Scheme at Ajawa, Tashar Danwake and Gidan Wanzamai with tank, borehole, solar package, and pipeline.
- Proposed New Solar Water Scheme at Gadadin, Galadimawa and Yalawa Mainoni with tank, borehole, solar package, and pipeline.
To be considered for pre-qualification, interested competent and reliable contractors are required to provide verifiable evidence including but not limited to the following documents:
- Certificate of incorporation with Cooperate Affairs Commission.
- Certified true copy of Memorandum and Article of Association.
- Evidence of registration with Jigawa State Works’ Registration Unit.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Audited account for the last one (1) year.
- VAT registration and evidence of past remittance.
- Evidence of financial capability and banking support.
- Company average annual turnover of not less than ₦20m (Twenty Million).
- Evidence of similar project executed (letter of award and completion certificate) at least three (3) in the last five (5) years.
- Verifiable evidence of company profile and technical qualification of key personnel registered with relevant professional bodies (COREN, CORBON, QSRBN, ARCON etc.
- That the company have fulfilled all obligations to pay taxes, pensions and social security contributions.
- A sworn affidavit certifying as follows:
- That the document submitted for the pre-qualification exercise are not only genuine but correct
- That none of the directors of the company has been convicted by any court of law
- That the company is not bankrupt
- That none of the officers of Jigawa State/Local Government is a present or former director of the company
- Any other relevant information that will help in determining the company’s suitability for the work.
N/B: Any prospective bidder that does not possess any of the above documents need not apply.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon, 24th December, 2021.
Opening of Bids
Only technical bids shall be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00noon.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested bidders are to collect the Tender documents from the office of the Director Planning, Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources, Block B New State Secretariat complex Dutse, from the date of publication of this advert and between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm daily after a payment of a non-refundable fee of ₦20,000.00.
Submission of Documents
Pre-qualification and financial bids shall be submitted in two different sealed envelopes and labeled "Pre-qualification bid" and "Financial bid" respectively with the company’s name indicated at the back of each envelope. Both envelopes should be placed in a sealed third envelope addressed and delivered to the:
Office of the Director Planning,
Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources,
Block B, New state secretariat Complex,
Dutse - Jigawa State.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a forwarding letter dully signed by company representative under the company’s Letter Headed Paper bearing the CAC Registration Number (RC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No) and e-mail address.
- The financial bid should contain a bid security of not less than 2% of the quoted bid in a form of Bank guarantee or insurance bond from a refutable bank or refutable insurance company.
- The bid validity period should be 90 days from the deadline of the bid submission date.
- General Information
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned un-opened.
- Only the financial bids of successful pre-qualified bidders will be opened, while those for the un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- This advert shall not be construed as commitment on the part of the Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources nor shall it entail a company to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or to seek any indemnity from the Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources by virtue of such company having responded to this advertisement.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders as the Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources will not be held responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party (i.e) in connection with any response to this invitation.
- The Jigawa State Ministry of Water Resources reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities.
- Alternative bid will not be accepted.
- Bidders with the same subsidiary relationship are not allowed to partake in the same lot.