The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies to submit tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Corporate Call-Off Contract for Supply of Bare Line Pipes and Bends at SPDC Locations
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) as Operators of the Joint Venture between itself and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), on behalf of the Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent registered Nigerian companies (DPR registered and licensed) with proven experience in provision of maintenance services, engineering service, production and logistics operations support apply for inclusion into the bid list for the Corporate Call-Off Contract for Supply of Bare Line Pipes and Bends at SPDC Locations listed in the scope of work below.
Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stage of this Tender.
SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in the Supply of Bare Line Pipe at SPDC Locations.
Scope of Work
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of SUPPLY OF BARE LINE PIPES AND BENDS involving:
- The work scope will cover supply of all specifications of bare pipes and bends, manufactured to Shell's DEP by approved mills, for use in SPDC's operations and projects. Delivery terms will be on FCA (Free Carrier) or DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) to Shell's nominated location and DAP (Delivery At Place) terms for gas project requirements covered by an approved Import Duty Exemption Certificate (DEC).
- The contract will be rate-based and operated on call-off basis. There will be no assured minimum order quantity/value.
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 2.01.01- Pipes and Tube in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base.
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click supplier status and then click supplier product group.
- To qualify you must have Category A Nigerian Content Compliance Certificate (NCCC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for Provision of services within these scopes.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8-10 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access http://nipexmain.nipex-ng.com/nipexsite/download/ to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact Nipex office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
- Evidence of Legal proceedings against the JV, of Financial encumbrances or existing sanctions by regulatory bodies within or outside Nigeria may be inimical to the bid.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- A cover letter summarizing the content of the Pre-Qualification Document.
- Nigerian Registration:
- Evidence of Contractor's registration in Nigeria (Certificate of Incorporation), Contractor's legal status and profile including Nigerian shareholding and details of any formal technical support agreement with foreign companies. Failure to provide any of these requirements shall constitute a Fatal Flaw.
- In the case of joint venture, attach copy of the Joint Venture Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), clearly stating the roles, obligations and responsibilities of each party.
- Copy of current certificate of registration of the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) or evidence of renewal
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and provide the following requirements:
- Tenderer shall demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian-registered company Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10,02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc). Tenderer shall provide evidence of registration with the NCDMB NOGIC JQS and DPR.
- In line with the NCD Human Capacity Development Initiative, Bidder shall commit to providing Project Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- NCDMB approved Nigerian Content Execution Plan for authorization of the NC commitments in the scope of work or scope of supply of all call-off, work orders and purchase orders as being executed in compliance with the NOGICD Act, 2010 by the contractor or 3rd party providing.
- Tenderer shall domicile 100% of project management man-hours in-country not limited to Interface management, Project control, planning, HSSE etc.
- Vendors wishing to participate in this tender shall procure through NCDMB exclusive vendors list of in-country line pipe manufacturers registered in NOGIC JQS who are not participating.on the tender.
- Tenderer shall provide detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities not limited to line pipe manufacturing facility for execution of the work scope.
- Utilization of only Nigerian companies for 3rd party services not limited to, QA/QC inspection & testing, E&I, NDT/NDE, mechanical laboratory test, freight forwarding, pre-commissioning, weighing & COG, load-out & transportation, static & dynamic commissioning, Medivac, catering & housekeeping, helicopter/aviation services, system completion first fills & consumables, etc.
Application Closing Date
14th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Only tenderers who have Category A Nigerian Content Equipment (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board for this service and are registered with NJQS in the following categories: 2.01.01- Pipes and Tubes before the above stated closing date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- Proposed contract start date is Q3 2022.
- Contract Duration: 3 years + 1 year extension option.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be fully borne by interested contractors.
- All respondents to SPDC must ensure full compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act, 2010. (NOGICD) All respondents should educate themselves on the requirements of the NOGICD and ensure full compliance. Non-Compliance is a FATAL FLAW.
- This advertisement of "Invitation to tender" shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of NNPC/SPDC to award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents; nor shall it entitle any company submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NNPC/SPDC and/or any of its partners. NNPC/SPDC reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in the pre-qualification/ Technical package.
- SPDC shall communicate only with authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies in NUQS and not through unauthorized individuals or agents.
- Contractors that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that the name and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorised/responsible personnel are up to date in their company profile in the NUQS database.
- Successful contractors shall be subjected to a Shell facilitated Integrity Due Diligence screening.