Delta State Government invites interested and qualified agro-industrial investors to indicate interest by tendering RFA documents for the following works:
Delta State Government invites applications for:
Title: Call for Application form Agro-Industrial Companies Interested in Building and Operating Agro-Processing Factories in the Delta State Agro-Industrial Park, Aboh Ogwashi-Uku
Delta State is establishing a model Agro-industrial Park at Aboh, Ogwashi-Uku, accessibly located at 20km from Asaba, the state capital. The Agro-Industrial Park is intended to eliminate the prevailing infrastructural and operational bottlenecks to agro-industries by endowing a designated land area with dedicated uninterrupted power and water supply together with security, storage facilities and other operating amenities. It is scheduled to be completed in August 2022.
The Park will be managed by Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Special Purpose Vehicle registered as Delta State Agro-Industrial Park Limited.
The objective of the Agro-Industrial Park is to create and sustain a conducive operating enclave to make agro-industries operate easily, efficient, profitable and viable. The Agro-Industrial Park is a key strategy for harnessing the state's huge agricultural potentials and developing the agricultural value chain for job and wealth creation, economic diversification and sustainable development. Individual plots of up to two (2) hectares each are available for 30-year lease based on investor-friendly terms and conditions.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified agro-industrial investors interested and ready to build and operate agro-processing factories that will benefit from the dedicated infrastructural facilities and operational services provided in the Park.
Scope of Work
The target agro-industries, agro-processing activities and products are as follows:
- Processing of grains, such as rice, maize, soya bean and others.
- Roots and tuber crops processing, such as cassava, yam and potatoes.
- Banana and plantain processing and derivative products
- Processing of palm oil and derivative products.
- Dairy, milk processing and milk-based products.
- Processing of livestock such as beef, poultry, pork and others.
- Fish processing and related products.
- Processing of fruits and vegetables.
The eligibility criteria for agro-industrial companies are as follows:
- Verifiable track record of investment projects and current business operations in agro-processing and agricultural value chain.
- Evidence of technical and managerial capabilities to initiate and sustain factory operations in the agro-industrial park.
- Proof of funds, that is, evidence of financial capability and readiness to initiate, run and sustain factory operations in the agro-industrial park.
- Business plan incorporating strategy for the sourcing of agricultural raw materials, financing arrangement, cash flow analysis and operational sustainability mechanisms of the agro-processing factory.
- Implementation workplan for the construction and establishment of the agro-processing factory and take-off of operations.
Interested agro-industrial investors or companies should collect, complete and submit the Application Form, with the relevant supportive documents.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2021.
Collection of Documents
Application forms are available at:
Secretary, Project Implementation Committee,
Delta State Job and Wealth Creation Bureau,
Plot 1, Core Area Phase 1,
Anwai Road, Asaba,
GSM/WhatsApp: +2348035506 704 / +2348034384382
Delta State Investments Development Agency (DIDA),
No. 14, B.R.O Izegbu Street,
Please, note that additional information on the agro-industrial park and the application form can be accessed at www.deltastatejobcreation.ng