Creative Associates International invites interested and reputable contractors to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Creative is currently implementing a 2-year USAID funded project titled "Northeast Connection: Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism and Conflict in Northeast Nigeria".
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) for community Mapping
The purpose of the Northeast Connection project is to strengthen the resilience of communities vulnerable to violent extremist infiltration and conflict. By targeting communities in Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno states not yet under the control of violent extremist organizations (VEOs), this project will seize the opportunity to mitigate the grievances that make communities vulnerable to violent extremism, while building social cohesion within and across communities in northeast Nigeria.
In addition to helping northeastern Nigerians create a stronger foundation against the violent extremist and conflict threats, the activity is designed to develop local capacity to respond to emerging threats. Northeast Connection includes a rigorous analytical component to develop a better, shared understanding of local and sub-regional VEO and conflict risks, dynamics, and windows of opportunity. Leading the coordination of implementing partners on such CVE initiatives will also be a key feature of the project.
This is a call for proposals for consultancy firms or organization to collect data at the state, local government and community level in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states. The consultant or firm will conduct data collection, analysis, and reporting for Creative Associates International’s (Creative Associates) Nigeria Northeast Connection program.
Scope of Services
Creative Associates seeks to engage a technical expert consultancy firm, or organization to carry out a Community Mapping and Needs Assessment in each of the states of intervention (Adamawa, Yobe, and Borno) in identified Local Government Areas (LGAs), listed on a table below:
Northeast Connection will contract a consultancy firm, or organization to:
- Facilitate data collection for the mapping and needs assessment of wards and communities of intervention based on the NE Connection criteria for community selection, using a combination of initial desk study, surveys, focus groups, and/or key informant interviews.
- Conduct and manage the entire process of data collection, including training required, to inform the community mapping in the three states, including coordination, surveys, and interviews.
- Conduct data collection in LGA capital and at least major towns and communities in each LGA and conduct the analysis at the state level of data and information collected
- Prepare a concise, clear, and well-organized report. Report should be a maximum 30 pages, including executive summary and annexes and, in addition, a PowerPoint presentation of no more than 12 slides, summarizing findings.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Background in social science, academia, or development
- Research Assistant (s) must have an advanced university degree in international relations, political science, public administration, finance, economics, or related field with demonstrated competence in community mapping and needs assessments or similar assessment frameworks.
- The firm or organization must have a minimum of 2-years’ experience in social, political, and/or economic assessments and/or development assistance programming.
- Proven experience in, and familiarity with, the use of community mapping and needs assessment or similar assessment tools (with at least two assessments successfully completed) in the development and implementation of development assistance programming.
- Proven experience of working with government authorities, civil society organizations, and communities in Northeast Nigeria.
- ICT capabilities in data collection systems, minimally including GIS Mapping, Analytics and Reporting,
- Clear understanding of Mobile Technology for data collection.
- Fluency in English, including outstanding writing skills.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Proven knowledge of donor-assisted efforts to promote improvements in Building Community Resilience to Violent Extremism in developing countries.
- Experience in development assistance programming with USAID or other international donors.
- Knowledge of local language(s).
Application Closing Date
9th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Proposals must be submitted in two separate e-mails:
- E-mail 1 Technical Proposal
- E-mail 2 Cost/Business proposal
- Each e-mail should be clearly labeled with the RFP number and project title.
For more information on this RFP, please Click Here