Action Against Hunger (AAH) invites competent and interested contractor(s) to tender EOI documents for the following works:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure everyone can access clean water, food, training and healthcare.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - The Independent External Evaluation of Action Against Hunger’s Buffer Stocks USAID Project
The humanitarian crisis in North-East Nigeria has become protracted, with the populace bearing the brunt of the conflict that has resulted in widespread displacement, destroyed infrastructure and collapsed basic social services. Threats of attacks by non-state armed groups and restrictions in movements continue to have negative impacts on trade, livelihoods and markets, leaving a substantial proportion of the population relying on humanitarian assistance. As at November 2020, 2,144,135 people are still displaced in the three most affected states - Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States - with 80 percent of the displaced population being women and children. The overall levels of Global Acute Malnutrition (GAM) rates in the BAY states has not significantly changed since 2017.
The nutrition sector capacity slightly increased from 17 partners in 2019 to 22 active in 2020, the majority of whom are in Borno State. This includes 17 INGOs, two NNGOs, and three UN agencies. The Sector's capacity for treatment of SAM through outpatient therapeutic programme (OTP) is high while moderate in the inpatient treatment of SAM cases and moderate acute malnutrition (MAM) especially in Adamawa and Yobe states.
Action Action Hunger (AAH) is supporting RUTF to 11 partners through MoU and monitoring of the distribution, utilization and consumption of RUTF at facility level with the aim of ensuring proper service delivery and accountability in the program.
Objectives of the Evaluation
This evaluation will be conducted as an exercise of accountability towards the donor. It aims to provide useful insights for program learning and accountability especially in light of the transitioning process. To ensure supply of RUTF for treatment of SAM children in BAY states in North-East Nigeria during the break in regular RUTF pipeline.
Profile of the Evaluator
The evaluation will be carried out by an international/national evaluation consultant(s) with the following profile:
Application Closing Date
- Knowledge in Nutrition (CMAM, SAM, MAM, GAM) sector with particular experience on RUTF supply chain management.
- Significant field experience in the evaluation of humanitarian / development projects.
- Significant field experience in the evaluation of humanitarian/ development supply chain management for INGOs.
- Relevant degree / equivalent experience related to the evaluation to be undertaken.
- Significant experience in coordination, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs preferably Nutrition sector.
- Good communications skills and experience of workshop facilitation.
- Ability to write clear and useful reports (may be required to produce examples of previous work).
- Fluent in English.
- Understanding of donor requirements (USAID) including donor evaluation guidelines.
- Ability to manage the available time and resources and to work to tight deadlines.
- Independence from the parties involved.
- Familiarity with the context of the humanitarian situation in (BAY States) Northeast Nigeria will be an added as advantage.
29th November, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All interested consultants should send expression of interest electronically with subject "PD-ABU-01755-001_EoI for USIAD Independent External Projects Evaluation Consultancy Service" to: firstname.lastname@example.org
in order to receive the full ToR.
Proposal without request of the full ToR will not be accepted.
For more clarification on this EOI, please Click Here