The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) invites reputable and competent consultancy(s) to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) is an organisation that seeks to transform African agriculture from a subsistence model to strong businesses that improve the livelihoods of the continent’s farming households.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - A Consultancy to Support the Operationalization of Regulations in The Seed and Agrochemical Sector to Create an Enabling Environment for Business in Agriculture
The Trade in Agriculture Safely and efficiently (TRASE) project and the Alliance for a Green revolution in Africa(AGRA) have established a joint venture with a view of supporting improved SPS compliance and promotion of trade in the agriculture sector. While AGRA will mainly focus on interventions related to improving the enabling business environment for the Agri-input subsector, TRASE will seek to improve SPS compliance through facilitating the operationalization of regulations that are aligned to the EAC SPS legal framework (EASLF).
The Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), in support of the implementation of the Fourth Strategic Plan for the Transformation of Agriculture in Rwanda (PSTA 4), has provided a grant to the Rwanda Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) to reform and operationalize policies and regulations related to agricultural inputs and markets so as to improve the Enabling Business Environment of Agriculture (EBA). This is line with AGRA’s Inclusive Agricultural Transformation (IAT) agenda where it is stepping-up its policy engagement by supporting government-led reform of policies that are constraining agricultural development.
Scope of Work
The expert will work towards making the legal instruments more relevant to the trading community by;
- Reviewing and updating the seed regulations,
- Reviewing the current agrochemical list and registration procedures. The expert will, after the review, hold validation seminars with the public and private sector before final copies of the documents (revised legal instruments) are submitted to MINAGRI for approval.
Qualification and Skills
- Education: Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics, Agriculture policy Analysis, Agriculture Development or related field including seed technology, Agriculture input sciences etc.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in agriculture in Rwanda and in-depth understanding of agricultural policy and regulatory reform issues and processes Rwanda.
- Hands on experience in drafting agriculture policies, laws and regulations and should be familiar with Agriculture inputs laws and regulations in Rwanda and in the region.
- Familiarity with international standards in agriculture inputs including seeds, agro chemicals and mechanization.
- Communication Skills and Language Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is of added advantage.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm, 4th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
- The proposal and ALL Attachments submitted via email SHALL NOT exceed 10MB.
- The technical proposal shall not exceed 5 pages. CVs and other support documents may be attached as annexes.
- VALIDITY of the proposal shall be for a period of 90 days from the date of bid closure.
- Financial proposal shall be sent as a separate attachment and MUST be password protected. The password shall be requested from the best technically qualified individual.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here