Catholic Relief Services (CRS) invites interested vendors / consultant(s) to t=indicate interest by tendering RFP documents for the following works:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS), an International Non-Governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons based on need, regardless of creed, ethnicity, and Nationality.
CRS is a global leader in agricultural livelihoods programming, and promotes resilience building in impoverished, disaster affected, and climate change impacted areas around the World. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently works in 32 of Nigeria's 36 States, focusing on agriculture and livelihoods, health and Emergency programming.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Project Evaluation Consultancy (GIZ Women Poultry Project)
Objective of the Evaluation
The overall objective of the evaluation is to evaluate the activities implemented for the Borno and Adamawa Women Poultry Project and its partners towards achieving the expected outcomes and to make recommendations on further replication of the project. The recommendations will suggest if deemed necessary - re-orientations and changes in the project design, scope and implementation approach and provide recommendations on management and methodologies to improve performance and delivery of similar or future projects. The evaluation will focus on assessing cost effectiveness of the project, and on the review of structures, processes and systems established during the implementation period.
More specifically, the evaluation will:
- Assess the relevance of the Borno and Adamawa Women poultry project in terms of the priorities, objectives, implementation plan and beneficiaries’ needs as defined by the project (usefulness, alignment)
- Assess the results and progress of the project in terms of effectiveness (achieved outcomes versus planned outcomes) and the efficiency of implementation (output achieved against inputs and budgets used).
- Assess the feasibility and sustainability in terms of design, scope, implementation, partnerships, management and steering of the project.
- Identify evidence of programming strengths, weaknesses, emerging opportunities and lessons learned.
- Identify and Assess the project management and coordination processes and the effects on implementation of the project.
- Assess the project critical assumptions and triangulate on its effect on the implementation of the project.
Proposals will be accepted from independent consultant/firms with verified previous experience in conducting evaluation of projects in the field of agriculture and livelihoods including poultry in rural areas. The consultants should possess the following combination of skills and expertise:
- Post graduate degree in agriculture, veterinary medicine, Animal science, agricultural economics, social science, development studies, etc., and with formal research skills.
- At least 5 years of advanced experience in conducting evaluations of complex program design with a clear understanding of various social research methodologies.
- Demonstrated research and analytical report writing skills with a sound experience in participatory review and evaluation methodologies
- Experience in multi-sector and multi partnership approach to agriculture, poultry, veterinary, private sector, social cohesion and livelihoods programming.
- Multiple experience in interventions programs in poultry production, income generation, savings and loans scheme, veterinary services and governance with poor households and local institutions.
- Ability to conduct interview and discussions in English and local language desirable.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data from different sources relating to the scope of the evaluation.
- Ability to clean, analyze and synthesize data using survey data management packages such as CSPro and Excel as well as SPSS, R, STATA, SAS, and Epi-Info or other appropriate software to analyze and report large datasets.
- Good eye for detail, adherence to logic, and capacity for inductive reasoning
- Strong presentation, facilitating, communication and team working skills.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of ICT4D.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to conduct discussions with a diversity of people ranging from senior management to project participants.
- Willingness and ability to travel to the different project's sites in the country.
Application Closing Date
5:00pm (Local Time) 12 December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Bids/Offers should include the "Company Profile" the first page must be on Company letter Head with email and contact telephone number(s) dully signed, dated and stamped in each page as well as all other required documents in a closed envelope that is signed on the seal to the CRS Office located at:
No.5 Off Kano Street,
Saleh Michika's Residence,
Barracks Road, Jimeta-Yola,
Vendors must write the RFQ number on the sealed envelope "RFP NG60003".
- At time of submitting your Bid/Offer, ensure the register is signed at the CRS' Security desk
- The submitted tender documents must be labelled with vendor name and RFQ number.
- Bids received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only sealed bids/Proposals will be considered.
- Interested consultants, (individuals and corporate bodies) should click the link below to access the "Terms of Reference" and submit their proposals, both financial and technical to the above address.
- Please Address your submission to "The Procurement Unit" and reference it "Submission for N96003".
Price: Price should be submitted in Nigerian Naira (NGN), inclusive of withholding tax.