The United Nations Secretariat invites interested and qualified vendors / organisations to indicate interest by submitting quotation documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly; the Security Council; the Economic and Social Council; the defunct Trusteeship Council; and the International Court of Justice. The Secretariat is the United Nations' executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request Quotation for ICT Billing Solution
Description of Requirement
The Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) provides enterprise-wide oversight of ICT programmes, budgets and decision-making to ensure alignment with the Secretariat's overall ICT strategy. The United Nations ICT strategy (A/69/517) was submitted by the Secretary-General at the 69th session of the General Assembly and Member States endorsed all the elements (A/RES/69/262).
The Office focuses on strategic, long-term improvements across the Secretariat, through:
- Enterprise applications (such as the UN ERP system, the UN telent management system, the Enterprise Email system, the Enterprise Collaboration and Documents Management Systems).
- New technologies and innovation (for example business intelligence, analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and blockchain).
- Efficient management and development of its global ICT infrastructure (including leased lines and satellite communications).
- Strengthening information security.
- Project management frameworks
- ICT governance
- Establishment of ICT policies, architecture and standards.
OICT also provides services to meet the overall ICT needs of UN Headquarters and, in cooperation with the Department of Operational Support, for leased lines and satellite communications to overseas duty stations.
Specific Requirements / Information (If Any)
The following high-level requirements have been identified:
- The solution must allow OICT to maintain the list of client entities, their account information and their focal points within each entity, the individual and organisational service subscriptions under each entity.
- The solution must allow OICT to maintain its service catalogue, the rates and the cost model for each service. The detailed requirements on the rates and the cost models are still being developed.
- The solution must be able to integrate with other enterprise and departmental solutions to collect, list the subscriptions for each entity and the service usage including the details from service provisioning from the UN CRM platform.
- The solution must be able to run ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and yearly billing and generate the corresponding statements of accounts for each entity. Client Focal Points for each entity should be able to access these statements for their entity using the solution.
- The solution must be able to generate ad hoc statements for ICT projects and other approved one-time charges to entities as well as track the balance owed by each activity.
- The solution must be able integrate with the UN ERP system for the purpose of applying the service charges to relevant accounts, reflecting the payments already made and tracking the balance owed for each client entity.
- The solution must support the integration with external business intelligence tools like Microsoft Power BI or offer data extracts in standard format to be used by such tools.
- The solution must support SAML 2.0 authentication requests and responses that Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) supports for Single Sign-On (SSO).
Besides the functionality, the solution must be flexible, easily extensible, able to run on MS Azure cloud, offer a web interface to users and generate relevant email notifications. The solution must be able to accommodate integration through transaction file exchanges and REST API calls. The solution needs to include distinct environments including for development, testing and quality assurance, pre-production and production.
N/B: More detailed requirements are still being developed and will be made available during the next procurement stage.
Application Closing Date
29th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organisations who wish to participate in the quotation process should please Click Here
In case you have difficulties submitting your response electronically, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
directly for instructions.
For more clarifications on this quotation, please Click Here