Civil Society - Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) invites qualified and credible insurance companies in Nigeria to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
Civil Society - Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is the civil society network of the Global SUN movement in Nigeria. Our vision is a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. Our member organization is spread across 25 states of the Federation and we implement various projects around nutrition.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Group Life Insurance for Staff & Medical Insurance Coverage for Staff and their dependents
CS-SUNN invites competitive bidders from qualified and credible insurance companies in Nigeria for the provision of Group Life Insurance coverage for its staff only and medical insurance for both staff and their dependents. The staff strength is 25.
All qualified bidders are encouraged to include the following documents in their bids:
- Valid Tax Clearance/Tax Identification Number
- Business Registration Certificate
- Company’s Profile
- Name of Re-insurer and its profile
- All bidders must provide their history/record of claims payment
- Article of incorporation
- Most recent audited financial statement
- Annual turnover
- List of minimum of 5 NGOs/corporate clients (with a minimum of 20 employees and their contact details)
- All tenders must include in their Medical Plans the following:
- Complete a list of current medical clinics and hospitals that provide services to their clients.
- List of covered services (outpatient vs inpatient; diagnostics; drugs)
- List of coverage limits (deductibles, annual maximums)
- All tenders must include in their Group Life plans coverage for death, dismemberment disability, etc.
- All pages of bids (Technical and Financial) must be pre-numbered and initialed
- All bids’ prices must be quoted in Nigerian Naira
- Quoted prices must be valid for the period of one (1) year as of the contract signing date.
- All bidders must provide financial reimbursement plans (reimbursement to employees and payment terms)
- Bidders must provide insurance premium plans for Group and Medical
- Successful bidders will be required to provide CS-SUNN staff with insurance cards within 30 days.
- Bidders are required to submit Technical and Financial proposals in a sealed envelope
- Proposal (Technical/Financial) must be comprised of two (2) copies (one original and one duplicate).
Description of Services Requested
Procurement of Group Life and medical insurance services are in two folds:
- Group Life Insurance coverage is only intended to provide benefits for staff of CS-SUNN and not for their dependents
- Medical insurance service is intended to cover (benefits) both CS-SUNN staff and their dependents.
The following provisions shall be incorporated into the contract document of successful bidders:
- Contract duration
- Payment terms
Sub-factors for consideration shall include:
- Years of existence in insurance service provision
- Key personnel qualifications and experiences
- Years of the existence of re-insurer and profile
- Past performance including claim settlement
- Group Life and medical insurance (outpatient vs inpatient) plans
- Article of incorporation
- Business Registration and Valid Tax Clearance Certificates
- List of medical clinics and hospitals
- Clients listing (INGO/ corporate entities)
Application Closing Date
2:00pm, 15th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
Quote must be comprised of two (2) copies one original and one duplicate indicating the reference number, title, and closing date. The proposal must be delivered to:
Procurement Selection Committee,
Civil Society-Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN),
Plot 203 Cadastral Zone B02,
F.C.T - Abuja.
All bids must be placed in sealed envelopes, signed and marked "Group Life Insurance for staff and Medical Insurance Coverage".
- Bidders shall submit a cover letter
- In case of a price discrepancy between the unit price and subtotal price, the unit price shall prevail
- CS-SUNN has the right to increase or decrease the number of staff mentioned in this bidding
- The bid validity period shall be sixty (60) working days from the bid submission date
- Bid submitted after the deadline will not be considered
- Electronic bids are not allowed
CS-SUNN has the right to request additional information from prospective bidders and reject any or all bids that do not meet its minimum requirements without any liability, or when considered to be in the best interest of the organization and/or the people it serves.