The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) invites interested consulting firms to indicate interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) is an organisation charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Engagement of Consultants (x2) for the Development of N-LIS Pilot Assessment Tools and Evaluate Draft NLIS Via Pilot Testing of Tools
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) invites proposals for consulting services for the following assignment: Engagement of Consultants to review, pilot-test and evaluate paper-based National Laboratory Information System (N-LIS) tools and specific disease program e-LIS. The purpose of this assignment is as follows: The consultant will provide technical support to the Laboratory Systems unit of NACA/RSSH and the Medical Laboratory Services Division of the Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH/MLSD) to review, pilot-test and evaluate paper-based National Laboratory Information System (N-LIS) tools and specific disease program e-LIS.
To this end, NACA will engage two (2) Consultants to review, pilot-test and evaluate paper-based National Laboratory Information System (N-LIS) tools and specific disease program e-LIS.
Goal and Objectives
- To conduct review/assessment of the draft N-LIS tools (paper-based)
- To develop protocol for pilot testing of N-LIS paper-based tools
- To lead the pilot testing of the draft N-LIS tools (paper-based) in 12 states
- To finalize the draft N-LIS paper-based tools using findings from the pilot testing
- To assess available disease programs e-LIS and provide recommendation for establishment of integrated national e-LIS.
The scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables will be the following:
- Collect, review and analyze all the necessary documents to fully substantiate all stages of development of the National Laboratory Information System
- Collect, review and analyze all the necessary documents to fully understand the administrative framework for Laboratory Information Management Systems in Nigeria.
- Collect, review and analyze the international and national level approach for Laboratory Information Management System.
- Carry out stakeholder analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions that play a vital role in Laboratory Information System Management.
- Assessment, documentation and analysis of current LIMS tool
- Based on the processes mentioned above and in consultation with the Project Team, prepare a protocol for the pilot assessment of N-LIS draft tools.
- Based on the processes mentioned above and in consultation with the Project Team, prepare a comprehensive pilot assessment checklist and SOP for N-LIS
- Draft specific, detailed and practical steps for training and pilot testing paper-based tool in selected facilities (three facilities per 12 states for paper-based pilot
- Facilitate two working group consultations (organized by FMOH (MLSD)) and present the draft N-LIS pilot assessment results and revised N-LIS paper-based tool to the key stakeholders including NLTWG.
- Produce a well-written and detailed data analysis and report of the pilot testing of draft N-LIS tools.
- Produce a well-written and comprehensive report highlighting:
- Current responses by key stakeholders in Laboratory Information Management System use in various facilities in the country.
- Recommendations to strengthen linkages between organizations involved in the Laboratory Information Management System.
- Resource Directory of all the relevant Government Departments / Ministries / NGOs with focal points.
- A detailed presentation to be made by the consultant after the completion of the assessment tool on the salient features of the tool at a NLTWG meeting organized by FMOH (MLSD) and NACA.
Qualifications and Experience
- A post-graduate or equivalent qualification/ degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Health Information Management, Laboratory Information Management System, Public Health, Health Programs Monitoring and Evaluation, Laboratory System Strengthening, Bioinformatics or any other relevant discipline.
- At least 5-7 years of prior work experience in dealing with health or specifically laboratory monitoring and evaluation interventions especially in the regional and international context.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in undertaking research especially in the area of Laboratory Information System.
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in facilitating stakeholder/working group consultations.
- Familiarity with Nigeria Lab Information System and NLIS including facility flow
- Relevant regional and international experience will be an added advantage.
The project seeks to identify experts that fulfill the above criteria and have demonstrated ability of involving key stakeholders (Ministries, Departments, Agencies, civil society etc.) to provide relevant expertise and bring a wider perspective in developing the assessment tool.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Thursday, 16th December, 2021.
Submission of Documents
All completed documents and proposals should be addressed and delivered to:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street,
Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construe a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing reason.
For more clarifications on this RFP, please Click Here